The NHS Graduate Procurement Scheme has been designed for ambitious graduates who want to develop a career within procurement and the NHS. The programme is suitable for those graduating this year or those who already have a degree and have been out of University for a number of years. The graduate scheme is a 2-year commitment and offers successful candidates the following opportunities:
- Placed in an NHS organisation within the London or Yorkshire and Humber regions
- Experience a minimum of 2 x rotations
- Technical skills development via a fully funded procurement qualification – CIPS Level 4 Diploma and Apprenticeship in Procurement and Supply
- Personal development opportunities through the Skills Development Network
- Pastoral support through mentoring
- Progression from NHS band 4 to band 5/6, on successful completion
The scheme allows graduates to develop their skills and knowledge in a diverse field which is invaluable to the success of the NHS. The current pandemic has made it evident just how important procurement is in ensuring the NHS functions effectively. Without these talented teams, equipment and supplies, key services and NHS sites would have struggled to continue.
NHS procurement covers a wide range of areas, including identifying, sourcing and acquiring goods, services or works from an external source. It may involve purchasing day to day equipment for a hospital or managing the estates for an NHS organisation. There is sure to be something that will capture the attention of a motivated graduate.
There are currently 5 posts available for graduates to apply for within this NHS Procurement Scheme.
- North of England Commercial Procurement Collaborative
- Graduate Trainee
- Don Valley House, Sheffield (some travel may be expected)
- Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Graduate Trainee
- Trinity Business Park, Turner Way, Wakefield
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Procurement Graduate Trainee
- St James’s University Hospital, Leeds
- Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Graduate Trainee
- Pinderfields Hospital, Wakefield
- University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust & Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust and West London Joint Procurement Service
- Graduate Procurement Officer
- University College London Hospitals, London
The roles available are based in the Yorkshire and Humber region and London region, working in various NHS organisations. To be suitable to for one of the positions on the graduate scheme we require the graduates to meet the following criteria:
- Educated to Degree level with a 2.2 qualification as a minimum.
- Skills Capabilities & Attributes:
- Strong spoken and written communication skills and social skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work effectively across teams, with a variety of people both internally and externally.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure, to strict deadlines and with attention to detail.
- Values & Behaviours:
- Contribute a positive and enthusiastic attitude and must be reliable, pro-active and enjoy working as part of a busy team.
- Commitment and motivation to complete a two-year training scheme (including apprenticeship).
- An interest in Procurement and committed to a career in the NHS.
- Be inquisitive and want to learn, having enthusiasm and an open-mind to gain the most out of the programme.
- Prepared to travel to various NHS sites if required
The following criteria are desired:
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience working as part of a team and the ability to develop contacts and build networks.
- Administrative experience and a good level of IT literacy, including Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel and Word.
To apply for the various opportunities, please select ‘apply now’ which will direct you to the NHS Graduate Procurement Scheme website. All 5 roles are listed and graduates can apply for all posts if desired.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!