Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By ‘Connecting Markets East & West’, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership.
Investment Banking overview
Nomura’s Investment Banking Division provides advisory and capital-raising solutions to corporations, financial institutions, governments and public-sector organizations around the world. Our global teams act as geographic, industry and product specialists (Client Financing & Solutions). We connect clients directly to Asia, accessing deep pools of liquidity and dynamic growth markets. In EMEA, we operate across targeted industry sectors and in most major European countries to deliver strategic advice to clients wishing to acquire, combine or sell businesses or looking for financing and risk management solutions.
Through our nine-week Internship Programme you will experience real insight into the banking business. It is your chance to get a feel for our culture, gain valuable on-the-job training and create new networks. An internship is also the perfect introduction to a subsequent full time role. At the end of the internship, strong performers will receive offers to join our Graduate Programme.
During week one, class-room training is provided to enhance the key technical skills to enable you to perform well during the internship. Additional sessions include product presentations, business overviews as well as social events.
After the training week, Investment Banking summer interns will be placed in one of our Client Financing & Solutions (CFS) Teams.
Nomura’s CFS division specialise in providing financing advisory services to clients through several different product streams:
- Acquisition & Leveraged Finance – provides debt financing for high profile private equity and corporate clients across a wide range of industries and geographies
- Debt Capital Markets – Bridging Investment Banking with Global Markets, the DCM team connects borrowers with investors by providing advice to both regular and new debt issuers on structuring and placing fixed income transactions in the international bond markets
- Debt Capital Markets Syndicate – Private side trading desk which works in close collaboration with DCM and Global Markets in the issuance of bonds
- Equity Solutions – Innovative equity-related strategies for a wide range of clients, sectors and geographies. The Team designs and executes bespoke transactions in the context of stake acquisitions, financing against equity positions, stock disposals, as well as solutions to optimise hedging and M&A situations
- Strategic Risk Solutions – Offers a broad range of solutions to financial sponsors and corporates to manage their exposure to financial risks through the use of derivatives and bespoke solutions. Providing creative and complex debt financing solutions taking principal positions across the debt capital structure
What are we looking for?
At Nomura our goal is to attract and develop exceptionally talented people who share our passion for individual excellence and our commitment to teamwork. We recruit students with a high level of academic and extra-curricular achievement, who will be able to withstand the rigours of a rapidly changing, demanding but ultimately rewarding environment. If you are interested in both the Investment Banking and Global Markets division, these roles in CFS just might be right for you.
To apply to this position, you should be in your final or penultimate year at university and on track to achieve a 2:1 or equivalent.
Fluency in English is essential.
How to apply
Please note that you can only submit one application per recruitment year (Sep 2020 – August 2021) and that all applications must be submitted online.
To apply for a 2021 summer internship position, candidates should be available for full time employment in July 2021 or 2022. We accept applications for this programme from penultimate year students (Graduating 2022) and final year students graduating 2021
Application deadline: 1st December 2020
We recruit on a rolling basis and encourage applicants to apply early.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!