The overview of the department;
- Deliver an external audit service to a range of clients in a range of sectors.
- Assist managers in the planning and completion of audit work and to lead audit fieldwork on a variety of clients;
- Undertake and seek to achieve the ACA professional qualification.
As a trainee, your typical daily duties will include;
- Checking a client’s financial information, purchase and sales invoices;
- Checking bank balances and bank statements;
- Reviewing client payroll records for accuracy;
- Ensure sound knowledge of a client and its industry by researching background information and useful publications;
- Develop communication skills and build relationships with key stakeholders;
- Utilise audit software;
- Attend client meetings and social activities;
- Develop and apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on the job experience;
- Attend in-house technical training as required;
- Ensure timesheets are completed on a weekly basis.