nucleargraduates 2022 - Business Profession
One Programme, Two Years, Three Secondments, Endless Opportunities
nucleargraduates is on a mission to create a diverse pipeline of future talent for the nuclear industry.
Whether your passion lies within science, engineering or business, the nucleargraduates programme will ensure that during your two years with us, you will gain an invaluable insight into the nuclear sector, taking on challenges and having the opportunity to make a real difference.
Upon completion of the two-year programme you will take up a substantive role within your sponsoring organisation. The sponsoring organisation for these opportunities is Sellafield Ltd.
The Sponsoring Organisation
From cleaning-up the country’s highest nuclear risks and hazards to safeguarding nuclear fuel, materials and waste, the Sellafield Ltd mission is nationally important. Their purpose is to keep Sellafield safe and secure, cleaning-up the site to a defined end state.
Sellafield Ltd work in value streams, focusing on what they are really here to do, and prioritising what they do and how they do it to maximise value. They currently have four value streams:
- Spent Nuclear Fuel Management
- Special Nuclear Materials
Operating the Sellafield site also includes:
- Nuclear Waste Management
The Roles of Business Profession Graduates
The Business Profession part of the company exists to facilitate a cadre of enterprise and delivery experts, decision makers and operators with the right culture, critical thinking and technical capabilities to enable successful delivery of strategic outcomes. Members of the business profession can be based in the Strategy and Planning Directorate, the Enterprise Performance Directorate or out in the wider business.
Business Profession exists to embed sustainable capability management and to drive effective utilisation and productivity across the business profession. Through effective resource planning, training, education and development activities, the Business Profession support Sellafield Ltd to:
- Have a clear focus on ‘enterprise’, providing a means to operationalise strategy
- Have a golden thread from strategy through a set of plans to the delivery of clear outcomes
- Develop resources to enable understanding of prioritised challenges, together with realising opportunities across the enterprise
- Ensure change initiatives are supported, developing the right culture for our future missions
Anyone with an interest in any of the following specific Business Profession areas is strongly encouraged to apply:
- Sellafield Site and wider Enterprise Strategy
- Corporate Planning
- Portfolio Management
- Business Management
- Governance and Assurance
- Business Improvement
nucleargraduates is a vibrant, industry led graduate development programme featuring:
- Opportunities to collaborate with leading experts across a diverse industry on projects that have real impact
- Three secondments across the nuclear sector (with the possibility of an international secondment) providing opportunities to explore a range of careers across the industry
- Technical knowledge and professional development opportunities structured against the requirements of the relevant institutes or professional bodies
- A corporate social responsibility programme which will include sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm with the next generation of industry professionals
- Behavioural skills development opportunities
The nucleargraduates programme gives you:
- A dedicated team of experts to support your development and progress throughout your programme
- A sponsor company lead to provide you with day-to-day support during your programmes and with your secondments
- Access to the alumni graduate community enabling you to learn from other experiences and community of practice. A dedicated mentor, assigned to you upon starting the programme who will stay with you throughout your nucleargraduates journey
- Opportunities to develop entrepreneurial skills
- Allocated budgets to assist you with training, resources, and conferences as well as travel & subsistence
- A competitive graduate starting salary
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 6 discretionary days leave for study and relocation
- Contributory pension scheme
- Wellbeing and support services
And in return you will give the nucleargraduates programme:
- Your enthusiasm, knowledge and skills to inspire the generation and contribute to the future of our industry
- Creativity and collaboration
- Drive and determination
- Willingness to get involved and try new things
- Resilience – we don’t expect you to be an expert from day one
- Integrity, being impartial, ethical and safe in everything you do
- Positivity and commitment to the mission, purpose and values of the nuclear sector
- Respect for others
Start date: September / October 2022
Minimum Eligibility Requirement
- A minimum of a 2:2 in a relevant degree subject, achieved within the last 5 years, including: Humanities, Classics, History, Economics, Sciences and Psychology etc. In addition, a focus on the following more specific areas of study will be considered: Business Management, Business and Management, Leadership and Management and Mathematics (especially with an interest in risk modelling).
- Have the full right to work in the UK (please note we are unable to sponsor visas or accept those with a Graduate visa as candidates will be unable complete the full duration of the programme)
- Successful completion security clearance checks
Candidates will be subject to Office of Civil Nuclear Security (OCNS) Clearance Checks.
Applicants must be willing and able to travel and relocate to complete secondments and training whilst on the nucleargraduates programme.
Candidates must complete the online application form by clicking “Apply Now”. Successful applicants will then be invited to complete an online Situational Strengths Assessment and a video interview followed by a one-day virtual assessment centre that will assess candidates across a range of competencies. After the selection process has been completed successful candidates will be made a formal offer on to the nucleargraduates programme.