One Programme, Two Years, Three Secondments, Endless Opportunities
nucleargraduates is on a mission to create a diverse pipeline of future talent for the nuclear industry.
Whether your passion lies within science, engineering or business, the nucleargraduates programme will ensure that during your two years with us, you will gain an invaluable insight into the nuclear sector, taking on challenges and having the opportunity to make a real difference.
Upon completion of the two-year programme you will take up a substantive role within your sponsoring organisation. The sponsoring organisation for this opportunity is Nuclear Advanced manufacturing Research Centre (Nuclear AMRC).
The Sponsoring Organisation
The Nuclear AMRC provides a range of business support to help manufacturers develop innovative techniques and optimised processes enabling them to enter the nuclear supply chain and compete worldwide - in new build, operations, and decommissioning. The Nuclear AMRC combines academic innovation with industry expertise to help UK manufacturers improve capabilities and performance along the supply chain. Backed by industry leaders and government and managed by the University of Sheffield, it is part of the High Value Manufacturing Catapult, a national alliance of seven leading manufacturing research centres.
The Role of a Digital Graduate
As a digital graduate on the nucleargraduates programme you can expect to find yourself:
- Working at Nuclear AMRC as a research engineer in the digital research group based in Derby
- With responsibility for a package of work and overseeing a project from conception to close out
- Collaborating as part of a wider project team to overcome manufacturing challenges whilst getting to know the latest state of the art technologies, e.g. laser welding, robotic machining, virtual reality (VR) & augmented reality (AR), among others.
- Supporting the deployment of digital technologies ranging from sensor system to databases to virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and human machine interfaces (HMI)
- Supporting the digital team in delivery of government funded contracts, integrating agile working processes and technology solutions to increase team productivity
- Having the opportunity to get involved in Fit for Nuclear, a service offered by Nuclear AMRC to support the UK supply chain.
nucleargraduates is a vibrant, industry led graduate development programme featuring:
- Opportunities to collaborate with leading experts across a diverse industry on projects that have real impact
- Three secondments across the nuclear sector (with the possibility of an international secondment) providing opportunities to explore a range of careers across the industry
- Technical knowledge and professional development opportunities structured against the requirements of the relevant institutes or professional bodies
- A corporate social responsibility programme which will include sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm with the next generation of industry professionals
- Behavioural skills development opportunities
The nucleargraduates programme gives you:
- A dedicated team of experts to support your development and progress throughout your programme
- A sponsor company lead to provide you with day-to-day support during your programmes and with your secondments
- Access to the alumni graduate community enabling you to learn from other experiences and community of practice. A dedicated mentor, assigned to you upon starting the programme who will stay with you throughout your nucleargraduates journey
- Opportunities to develop entrepreneurial skills
- Allocated budgets to assist you with training, resources, and conferences as well as travel & subsistence
- A competitive graduate starting salary
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 6 discretionary days leave for study and relocation
- Contributory pension scheme
- Wellbeing and support services
And in return you will give the nucleargraduates programme:
- Your enthusiasm, knowledge and skills to inspire the generation and contribute to the future of our industry
- Creativity and collaboration
- Drive and determination
- Willingness to get involved and try new things
- Resilience – we don’t expect you to be an expert from day one
- Integrity, being impartial, ethical and safe in everything you do
- Positivity and commitment to the mission, purpose and values of the nuclear sector
- Respect for others
Start date: September / October 2022
Minimum Eligibility Requirement
- A minimum of a 2:2 in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a Computing and Digital Technology related degree subject, achieved within the last 5 years
- Have the full right to work in the UK (please note we are unable to sponsor visas or accept those with a Graduate visa as candidates will be unable complete the full duration of the programme)
Candidates will be subject to Office of Civil Nuclear Security (OCNS) Clearance Checks.
Applicants must be willing and able to travel and relocate to complete secondments and training whilst on the nucleargraduates programme.
Candidates must complete the online application form by clicking “Apply Now”. Successful applicants will then be invited to complete an online Situational Strengths Assessment and a video interview followed by a one-day virtual assessment centre that will assess candidates across a range of competencies. After the selection process has been completed successful candidates will be made a formal offer on to the nucleargraduates programme.