nucleargraduates 2022 - IT/Business Intelligence
One Programme, Two Years, Three Secondments, Endless Opportunities
nucleargraduates is on a mission to create a diverse pipeline of future talent for the nuclear industry.
Whether your passion lies within science, engineering or business, the nucleargraduates programme will ensure that during your two years with us, you will gain an invaluable insight into the nuclear sector, taking on challenges and having the opportunity to make a real difference.
Upon completion of the two-year programme you will take up a substantive role within your sponsoring organisation. The sponsoring organisation for this opportunity is the Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR).
Their mission is to protect society by securing safe nuclear operations focusing on:
- nuclear safety;
- nuclear site health and safety;
- nuclear security;
- nuclear safeguards; and
- safety of transport of nuclear and radioactive materials
The ONR independently regulates nuclear safety and security at 36 nuclear licensed sites in the UK, ensuring that the nuclear industry controls its hazards effectively, has a culture of continuous improvement and maintains high standards.
The successful candidate will work the in the Business Intelligence (BI) function, part of the IT department; this function is split into 4 key areas:
- BI Development
- BI Change
- BI Delivery
- Admin & Support Team
This role will sit in the BI Development area and is essential to ensuring ONR meet the needs of their business going forward.
Within this role you will help the ONR define the areas where data science could be applied to grow the skills and demand in this domain. Through a combination of structured and on-the-job training, you will develop a strong knowledge of cutting-edge techniques in Data. After a fully supported initial training period, you will have a chance to use these techniques along with your knowledge of Data Science to solve real-life problems.
These activities will be relevant to the IT’s modernisation plans, the wider technology transformation delivery roadmap and BI Strategy.
The nucleargraduates programme gives you:
- A dedicated team of experts to support your development and progress throughout your programme
- A sponsor company lead to provide you with day-to-day support during your programmes and with your secondments
- Access to the alumni graduate community enabling you to learn from other experiences and community of practice. A dedicated mentor, assigned to you upon starting the programme who will stay with you throughout your nucleargraduates journey
- Opportunities to develop entrepreneurial skills
- Allocated budgets to assist you with training, resources, and conferences as well as travel & subsistence
- A competitive graduate starting salary
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 6 discretionary days leave for study and relocation
- Contributory pension scheme
- Wellbeing and support services
And in return you will give the nucleargraduates programme:
- Your enthusiasm, knowledge and skills to inspire the generation and contribute to the future of our industry
- Creativity and collaboration
- Drive and determination
- Willingness to get involved and try new things
- Resilience – we don’t expect you to be an expert from day one
- Integrity, being impartial, ethical and safe in everything you do
- Positivity and commitment to the mission, purpose and values of the nuclear sector
- Respect for others
Minimum Eligibility Requirement
- A minimum of a 2:2 in a relevant degree subject, achieved within the last 5 years. Relevant subjects include Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence and Business Analytics
- Have the full right to work in the UK (please note we are unable to sponsor visas or accept those with a Graduate visa as candidates will be unable complete the full duration of the programme)
Candidates will be subject to Office of Civil Nuclear Security (OCNS) Clearance Checks.
Applicants must be willing and able to travel and relocate to complete secondments and training whilst on the nucleargraduates programme.
Candidates must complete the online application form by clicking “Apply Now”. Successful applicants will then be invited to complete an online Situational Strengths Assessment and a video interview followed by a one-day virtual assessment centre that will assess candidates across a range of competencies. After the selection process has been completed successful candidates will be made a formal offer on to the nucleargraduates programme.