Get your career in the nuclear industry off to a flying start!
As a nuclear graduate you will have a graduate programme bespoke to you, no two nuclear graduates journeys are the same. This is a unique opportunity to experience the different aspects of our complex, ever-changing industry. You will be sponsored by Sellafield Ltd whom you will join upon completion of your two-year programme to start a substantive role and continue with your professional development.
Sellafield Ltd is responsible for safely delivering decommissioning, reprocessing and nuclear waste management activities on behalf of the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority at the Sellafield plant in West Cumbria.
This is an exciting new opportunity in the newly formed function, Behavioural Insight (BI).
Using expertise in psychology and organisational dynamics, in particular cognitive, social and organisational psychology, the BI function aims to provide Sellafield Ltd with evidence-based insights on which to base decisions on how best to influence desired behaviours. This can then be used to intelligently inform organisational approaches to safety, security and wellbeing as well as the effective and efficient delivery of the organisations mission.
You will work with both internal and external expertise at Sellafield Ltd as this new function grows.
You can expect to find yourself providing BI expertise across the organisation bringing you significant personal exposure and visibility and will provide you with an excellent view of the whole organisation.
Working in this growing team you will be help enable to function to build its capability whilst also using the skills and knowledge you gain to work with other organisations in the nuclear industry to augment their cultural and behavioural insights and understanding.
A graduate development programme like no other you will complete;
- Three secondments with three different organisations (with the possibility of an international secondment).
- Core training - training modules completed with your fellow graduates in Project Management, Commercial Awareness, Influencing & Negotiating, Risk Management, Business Skills and Leadership.
- Technical and behavioural training, structured against the needs of the of the professional institute with whom you will be working to gain chartered status.
Our Footprints corporate social responsibility programme will account for 10% of your time as a nucleargraduate. You will have the opportunity to become a STEM ambassador, passing on your knowledge and enthusiasm to the next generation of engineers and scientists. You will establish a start-up company, developing your commercial awareness and growing your appreciation of the challenges faced by a small business whilst donating profits to your chosen charity.
To support you with the above we will provide;
- A dedicated mentor, assigned to you upon starting the programme who will stay with through to achievement of chartership with your chosen institute.
- An individual training budget (£3,500) for training, resources and conferences specific to your personal development.
- Membership of two institutes.
- An individual travel & subsistence budget (£5,500) to allow you to move between secondments and fulfil your training commitments.
- A starting salary of £26,000 rising to £27,000 in the second year with a golden hello payment of £1,000 paid in your first week on the programme.
- 6 days discretionary leave for study and relocation in addition to your 25 days annual leave
- A dedicated programme team, all Mental Health First Aiders, to provide professional and pastoral support, a sponsor company lead and a buddy, a graduate from the year above you.
As a nuclear graduate you will join a diverse, inter-disciplinary group of graduates who will collaborate with and support one-another. Your fellow graduates will always be there, and the bonds you form in that group will be some of the strongest you have ever made, you will make friends for life. Why? Because only other nuclear graduates will understand what it's like to be a pioneer ? changing the face of our industry forever.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!