Who we are:
Data and Analytics is a specialist business unit within Oliver Wyman, set up in 2017 in Newcastle-upon-Tyne and has since expanded to Milan and Berlin. We are a dynamic, fast-growing team of quantitative analytics specialists. We work closely with our colleagues across Oliver Wyman to cover a global footprint: Working across multiple industries including but not limited to Financial Services, Insurance, Retail and Transportation.
Clients hire us for our depth of insight and expertise; expertise that comes from specialisation. We combine analytical rigour with a relentless focus on client impact.
The Newcastle team has grown to 30 people, with a mixture of quantitative expertise ranging from Analysts to Directors. We are looking for Entry Level Graduates looking to pursue a career in quantitative analytics. Working with us offers excellent career and growth opportunities for highly motivated individuals with relevant education in a quantitative subject.
This position offers excellent career and growth opportunities for talented, highly motivated professionals. Initial responsibilities will include:
• Managing the execution of individual project workstreams. This typically includes developing hypotheses; managing data collection, model creation and analyses; conducting primary and secondary research; creatively tackling information limitations; and surfacing insights
• Supporting our Partner group in project delivery through accurate and high quality execution
• The opportunity to obtain the training and guidance of a blue-chip consulting firm, while at the same time being part of an ambitious startup
• Flexible working and market leading work life balance will be a priority.
• There will be opportunities to travel with a mix of around 50% of time spent on client site vs off site, though individual needs will be considered when staffing offsite vs onsite roles.
• Our Team will be offered in depth training, above and beyond what is typical for an Oliver Wyman consultant.
• Competitive salary and benefits are offered with a clear career path to Partner level, with potentially steeper trajectory than in similar firms.
What do we look for:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline. Ideally Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science or, Engineering with strong quantitative applications
• Strong analysis, documentation, and communication skills
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team.
• Be independent and work under limited supervision respecting defined timelines.
• Be able to find innovative, practical and flexible solutions to business issues.
• Present effectively results, potential issues and implications.
• Excellent command of English language (verbal and written)
• Ability to manage a heavy work volume and meet deadlines in an extremely fast paced environment
• Ability to maintain and respect confidentiality
• Willingness to travel occasionally
Interested to find out more? Join our webinar on Monday 9 November from 6pm - 7pm. Register online.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!