We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster. With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we create opportunity from complexity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career. Isn’t it time you joined us?
Become part of the team
We work with organisations to anticipate the future, champion innovation, and unlock new potential in energy and utilities markets. Whether it is a utility business or an energy company, a policy-maker or a regulator, a power producer or an investor, we use our deep industry knowledge to help clients achieve exceptional results. We bring together teams with the global insight and local expertise to address clients’ challenges and help them achieve their goals. Here’s are some of the challenges our clients face and we support them with:
- Enhance shareholder value so clients’ organisations can attract the investment you need to the future
- Capitalise on technology and innovation and use digital and mobile technology to meet customers’ changing expectations
- Navigate market and regulatory uncertainty. We help clients steer clear of dangers and spot the best opportunities ahead.
- Make the right investment decisions - even when shifts in policy and regulation make the future hard to read
Retain and develop your talent so clients’ organisations have the right people they need to achieve their strategic goals Over the 12 months, as an Industrial Placement Student you can expect to be working in small teams in developing core propositions that are at the fore of the sectors Go-to-Market strategy. This will involve liaising and working in conjunction with senior members of the team, including Partners, to help drive forward our new compelling compositions. You will have an active role in helping to shape what these new propositions should entail. These are the propositions that our team will be taking to discussions with clients in aid to support them with areas that are proving challenging within their organisations. Key responsibilities will be:
- Support the proposition team, aiming to use own expertise/knowledge.
- Contributing to developing compelling propositions, working and collaborating with the internal PA team; and developing deliverables with oversight of senior team members.
- Supporting the PA team in activities such as preparing documents and assignment presentations, leading the gathering, analysing and interpreting of data, and developing deliverables with oversight of senior team members
- Playing an active support role in service proposition, thought leadership development, drawing on insights from client work, service areas and sector specialisms.
- Effective analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Effective presentation and communication skills
What we're looking for
- Relevant degree or equivalent. It is desirable for the subject to be Environmental Sciences, Economics, Maths or Electrical Engineering.
- It is desirable if the candidate has some previous experience in the water or energy industries or has some prior consulting experience.
- Teamwork – the ability to work effectively in teams of varying sizes and skills.
- Communication – presenting ideas and insight coherently to teams internally and to clients
- Stakeholder Management – the use of approaches to effectively manage relationships with stakeholders
- Self-starter -the ability to use initiative to find new ways of adding value for our clients.
- Problem solving – possesses analytical thinking to determine the best solutions and/or options for clients Creative thinking – Devises innovative ideas to help tackle challenges This role is open to undergraduates in their penultimate year of university. As part of our application process you will be required to answer three video questions. This role will start in July 2020
- 25 days holiday
- Central London office base
- Extensive learning & development opportunities
- Exposure to a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!