We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster. With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we create opportunity from complexity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career. Isn’t it time you joined us?
Become part of the team
We are a consultancy that makes the difference. In fact, we invent it. So, we don’t stop at advising on how to be better and more efficient – we come up with the innovations and unheard-of ideas that make better happen. As an applied science Intern, you’ll experience it all first hand as you apply your scientific knowledge on a wide range of exciting assignments. All as part of a talented and inspiring multidisciplinary team. Our Technology Practice is packed with challenging projects in response to unique client briefs. It’s a place where science, technology and market needs meet. Where bright minds come together to think up solutions for some of the most perplexing problems in business. It’s about developing new products, original processes, advanced systems and unique technologies for clients who are market-and technology leaders. Ultimately, it’s about revolutionising industries by thinking differently, taking a fresh approach and challenging convention. Working with like-minded scientists and engineers, you’ll take responsibility for vitally important elements of a development project. In your internship you might find yourself getting involved in developing a new medical device, new diagnostics or a new consumer product. And because we think (and work) fast, you could see a product at any stage from concept through prototype manufacture and even launch. During your 10 weeks as an intern at PA, you’ll learn some of what it takes to be a top-notch consultant. You’ll be coached and guided by experts and have countless opportunities to broaden your experience on challenging projects and programmes. Whatever you work on, you’ll be part of the team and free to build your networks, both here at PA and far beyond.
What we're looking for
- You’ll be on track for a first or 2:1 degree in a biological science, Chemistry, Materials Science or Physics (or equivalent).
- Passion for turning new technology to a commercial purpose
- A keen interest in hands-on technology development • The ability to think without constraint and the hunger to take on new challenges
- Talent and enthusiasm to work as part of a team of scientists on technical projects
- Adaptability, initiative and confidence
- The flexibility to solve problems logically as well as creatively
- Numeracy, an analytical mind and exceptional deadline-driven organising skills
- Exceptional communication skills.
- The start date for this role will be in July 2020. This role is open to undergraduates in their penultimate year of university. If you intend to return to university after the internship to complete an MSc, you will also be eligible for this position. As part of our application process you will be required to answer three video questions.
• You’ll be based in our global technology innovation hub • Access to an on-site canteen • Extensive learning & development opportunities • Exposure to a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!