We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster. With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we create opportunity from complexity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career. Isn’t it time you joined us?
Become part of the team
At PA our design team includes industrial designers, packaging designers, UX and UI designers and Human Factors specialists. Our work covers mainly physical product design and packaging, as well as digital and graphics development. Uniquely our design group works hand in hand with technology and manufacturing specialist, engineers material scientists, physicists, electrical and software engineers. This multi disciplinary working environment will open your horizons to the art of the possible making your designs even more ground breaking and disruptive. Most of our design work is based in our office just outside Cambridge, but you may also need to visit our London office. We are looking for a creative, energetic designer passionate about designing products that meet the needs of end users and creates great user experiences. Over 10 weeks, you’ll work within the design and innovation team and help design products and services across a broad range of sectors including Medical, Consumer, Transport, Defence & Security and Communications. Work might include: · Capturing stimulus for workshops and research e.g. creating personas, moodboards · Creating innovative ideas and concepts by sketching, brainstorming, model making and prototyping · Visualising the project story e.g. by creating impactful presentations, simple animations, product renderings
What we're looking for
· Experience of the Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office · Skilled in CAD and rendering preferably using Solidworks and Keyshot. · Skills in hand sketching or digital sketching are advantageous · Be a self-starting individual with excellent organisation and ability to follow a good design process. · Great visual communication skills · On track for a first or 2:1 degree in Industrial Design / Product Design / 3D Design or equivalent To Apply · Please submit your CV, cover letter and a mini portfolio · Your mini portfolio must be in pdf format to be reviewed and a maximum of 3 pages · If you are invited to interview, please bring your full portfolio to review. The start date for this role will be in July 2020 This role is open to undergraduates in their penultimate year of university. If you intend to return to university after the internship to complete a masters, you will also be eligible for this position. As part of our application process you will be required to answer three video questions.
- You’ll be based in our global technology innovation hub
- Access to an on-site canteen
- Extensive learning & development opportunities
- Exposure to a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!