We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster. With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we create opportunity from complexity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career. Isn’t it time you joined us?
Become part of the team
Transport impacts everyone whether that be walking the short journey from the station to work or flying half way across the world, everyone uses transport as part of their everyday life. As a result, our transport network has become critical to our economic and social life and provides the connectivity that we all depend on. And this connectivity is changing – we have new technologies (drones, autonomous cars, electric vehicles, smart infrastructure), new challenges (Brexit, air pollution, transport security) and increasing demand for cheaper, faster transport that are all impacting on how the transport industry operates. We help our clients to solve their toughest strategic and operational challenges. PA’s Transport, Travel and Logistics team work on some of the most challenging assignments to make a real difference for our clients. Recent high-profile assignments in the sector including:
Helping Virgin’s Hyperloop One to reinvent transport, creating a new mode of transport using new technologies
Supporting Highways England’s in improving operational performance, shaping the future of roads and driving better customer experience
Providing implementation support for an international airline undergoing transformation
Undertaking an operational change programme for a European airport hub
Conducting a traffic forecast for a major Gulf airport seeking airport finance Our diverse team includes consultants who are transport specialists, engineers, technologists, procurement professionals, accountants and have worked across the entire spectrum of transport services and the team all share a commitment to improving transport outcomes for all our clients. From day one you will become a core member of the team and be given early responsibility and visibility as well as plenty of support and training to progress your career. You will be assigned a buddy as well as line manager to help you build your network and provide answers to any questions you may have. This is a crucial role within our fast-paced growing TTL Sector team. You’ll gain a broad range of exposure across our five sub-sectors: Aviation, Maritime and Logistics, Rail, Roads, and Travel. You will work with clients from day one and will consult for both small- and large-scale clients helping them to address a range of challenges they are currently faced with. You will be given the opportunity to shape your career based on the areas that interest you the most. Every day is different, but here is what you can expect to be involved in:
- working on client deliverables
- Engaging and building client relationships face-to-face from day one
- using project develop management tools,
- drafting advice and policy documents,
- gathering and interpreting data and executing analysis
- Presenting findings to team members as well as client stakeholders
- Supporting the team internally to win new work through research and bid preparation.
What we're looking for
- Relevant degree or equivalent
- Experience of, or an interest in, working in the TTL sector
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- A flexible and proactive approach to work
- A desire to learn and develop
- Innovative and logical thinking
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience in the transport sector desirable, but not essential The start date for this role will be in September 2020. There may be an opportunity to start in April 2020. As part of our application process you will be required to answer three video questions.
- Private medical insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn, childcare benefits)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!