About the host organisation
A medium sized, partner-led, solution-oriented law firm with offices in Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai and New Delhi. The Firm is committed to providing quality legal advice to clients; maintaining the highest levels of professional integrity; and nurturing its lawyers in a work environment that motivates them to achieve and maintain the highest standards.
The law firm advises clients in the following specialised areas of law:
- Anti-Corruption and Corporate Governance
- Banking & Finance
- Commercial Real Estate
- Dispute Resolution – Arbitration
- Dispute Resolution – Litigation
- General Corporate Advisory
- Human Resources & Employment
- Intellectual Property
- Mergers & Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
- Private Equity & Venture Capital Funds and investments
- Technology, Media and Telecommunication
The Partners and other lawyers are leaders in their respective fields of practice. The majority of the Partners have a rich mix of domestic and international experience, having worked in several legal and financial capitals around the world, including London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Mumbai and New Delhi. Several of the firm’s lawyers are admitted to practice law in India, England & Wales and New York, bringing with them a deep and diverse international perspective.
About the internship
The law firm offers a dynamic internship programme to academically bright and highly motivated students. The programme provides interns with an avenue to interact with the senior lawyers of the firm, and to experience the responsibilities of corporate and dispute resolution lawyers on a day-to-day basis. The interns can use the opportunity to hone their research and writing skills and to identify their strengths and weaknesses in the legal field. By participating in internal presentations made on varied topics of interest, interns have the advantage of keeping abreast with legal developments and of cultivating their analytical abilities. Further, the programme assists interns in identifying their areas of interest and thus planning their future career path.
As a part of the internship programme, the interns would be involved in, inter alia, conducting research on matters that are within the firm’s practice in various areas of Law, preparing a note on the same; drafting of various documents including notices, and agreements. In addition to the work allotted to the intern during the internship programme, an opportunity is sometimes afforded to the intern to make a presentation on a relevant topic of his / her choice.
What you will gain?
During your internship here you will have the opportunity to gain the following:
- A wide ranging, hands-on commercial law work experience;
- Opportunity to experience and learn from International legal principles and practices;
- Ability to develop researching, drafting and presenting skills;
- Experience that cultivates your analytical ability;
- Opportunity to work alongside and learn from senior partners and lawyers;
- The advantage of keeping abreast with legal developments;
- The internship experience will enable you to identify your areas of legal interest and thus planning your future career path.
What we are looking for?
For this legal internship, we are looking for penultimate or final year law student, a law graduate or a non-law graduate enrolled on the Graduate Diploma of Law (GDL). Additionally we look for the following skillset:
- Commercial awareness – Candidates should have a genuine interest in how businesses work and how this may affect the clients you will be working with.
- Initiative – Candidates should display a proactive approach in carrying out work.
- Verbal and written communication – You should be able to listen and express yourself effectively both on paper and out loud.
- Attention to detail – Candidates require a keen eye for detail to ensure accuracy and a high standard of work for colleagues and the firm’s clients.
- Team work – Candidates must be dynamic team members who can collaborate with others to work effectively and efficiently.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!