At Pave we view challenges as opportunities to try something new, learn and grow.
As an organisation that is all about embracing and developing from new cultures, places and people, we find ourselves in unprecedented times as Covid-19 poses risks to our health and ultimately, way of life.
While the increasing travel restrictions challenge mobility and socialising for us all, we are launching a new offering of Remote Internships that allows us to carry on delivering the same inspiration, exposure and development that our international internships in India so uniquely provide.
A Remote Internship through Pave will allow you to remotely intern with incredible organisations based in India from the comfort of your own home. As an intern, you will work virtually with team members in India via an exclusively designed collaboration platform. At a time where we must limit physical social contact, we have designed the remote internship as a constructive experience that positively challenges you and boosts your CV with meaningful work experience in a safe and dynamic way.
Interning remotely will allow you to develop dynamic skills and competencies that are imperative to the future of work and the value of which will surpass the current uncertainties and restrictions. As work and business evolves to be more flexible and globally dispersed, it is increasingly important to develop competencies that will enable you to work and thrive in work environments different to your norm.
You will build skills that enable you to work with diverse range of people and independently from anywhere in the world; all of which will be of immense value to your next job application or to initiating your own entrepreneurial journey.
About the organisation
We have developed Remote Internships with a number of our Indian host organisation partners, ranging from start-ups to large organisations across a variety of industries.
All of our host organisations are incredibly dynamic and, regardless of their size, are innovators, leaders and disruptors in their respective industries.
The following internships are currently available on a remote basis:
- Business Development
- Fashion Design
- General Management
- Graphic Design
- Social Media Management
- Writing and editing
Following success at interview, we will match you to an organisation and role that is most suited to your interest, skills and aspirations.
During the Remote Internship, you will work with teams via a digital collaboration platform and have an assigned supervisor who you report to.
The Remote Internship will last 12 weeks and you would be required to commit 20-25 hours a week to the role.
You will be assigned a supervisor and will have the opportunity to engage with various members within the organisation.
You will work via a collaboration platform that will allow you to communicate, share work, manage tasks.
You will be paid a small stipend for successful completion of the internship. In addition, the Remote Internship comes as part of a package which includes:
- Induction training on remote working and using collaboration platforms and virtual meeting tools
- A dedicated co-ordinator and mentor support and advice you during the course of your internship
- A written reference from the Indian host organisation
- One hour career coaching session at the end of your internship, including a CV review
What we are looking for
For this internship, we are looking for penultimate or final year students or graduates who must meet the following requirements:
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Enthusiasm, energy and passion for learning
- Resilience and ability to work under pressure
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Willingness to ‘muck in’ and support the team in activities outside of your job description
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in using platforms like Slack, Trello and Asana desirable but not essential
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!