Product Development Quality (PDQ) strives for unrivaled transparency with health authorities, patients and society. Our work provides leadership, know-how and partnering on quality across molecules, Pharma affiliates and global regulated processes. We partner across Roche/Genentech to provide a quality management framework as well as actionable quality assured data to ultimately ensure that our patients are protected and the integrity of Roche/Genentech data. The key to PDQ’s success is trust, data and velocity. From non-clinical studies to post marketing pharmacovigilance to medical devices, we make sure that Roche/Genentech is doing it right, so that patients can trust.
This internship position is located in Welwyn Garden City.
The following is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities; rather the list below highlights possible activities that the successful candidate can get involved in:
- Contribute to the design and implementation of quality assurance strategies for an assigned molecule/product, process or affiliate, through partnering and engaging with relevant stakeholders, as well as execution of quality assured activities (audits) as per the strategies
- Contribute to the development, implementation, maintenance and improvement of the quality assurance infrastructure strategies to enable quality assurance teams to work effectively and efficiently
Analytics and Insights:
- Contributes to the design and development of new data science solutions with the ability to identify the best approach to answer GxP quality questions
- Contribute to driving innovation for data analytics and predictive analytics within PDQ
- Deliver quality solutions that enable Roche to demonstrate confidence in Roche's QMS, pipeline and marketed products. Design and develop processes, perform process improvements, regulatory intelligence and progress the NextGen QMS , Roche's QMS Framework spanning global Product Development functions, Affiliates and Research Early Development to identify, measure, control and enhance core business processes, maintain compliance and continuously improve thus ensuring patient safety and data integrity.
- Intensive 3 months, full time (37.5 hours per week) paid internship.
- Program start dates are in April/May 2023.
- Ownership of challenging and impactful business-critical projects.
- Work with some of the most talented people in the biotechnology industry.
- Lead or participate in intern committees to design and coordinate program events and initiatives.
- Professional & personal development curriculum throughout the program, including networking opportunities.
Who You Are
The successful candidate will have either recently completed (within the last two years) or working towards completing an undergraduate degree or postgraduate qualification in a medically related, life science/biological or data/computer science program.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness/ability to manage and influence stakeholders at various levels of seniority as well as negotiate effective solutions
- Open minded and ‘out of the box’ thinking with a focus on making a valuable impact
- Complements our culture and the standards that guide our daily behaviour & decisions: Integrity, Courage, and Passion.
Along with the submission of your CV, a cover letter is optional.
Relocation benefits are not available for this job posting.
Who we are
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Our UK Pharmaceutical head office is situated in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, with beautiful countryside surrounding the area. Supported by major motorways & airports as well as being a 30 minute train ride to London, access is easy. Our award-winning office, known as Hexagon Place, was opened in 2005 and provides a modern, flexible working environment with facilities that are second-to-none. Around 2,000 people work at our Welwyn office in Global Early Development (pRED), Global Product Development (PD), Commercial (Rx) and our Corporate functions.
Roche offer a competitive salary plus the excellent benefits you would expect from a blue-chip organisation. There is a fully equipped gym on-site, a library and information centre, and an active sports and social club. We also have a subsidised staff restaurant providing foods to cater for every taste throughout the day. At the heart of the building is an informal meeting area known as The Street which features a coffee shop, snack machine and cashpoint. A second building on-site, called The Hub, contains modern meeting room and conference facilities. Roche promotes personal well-being and work-life balance. Therefore, flexible working options will be considered for all roles at Roche UK. Roche is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of Roche.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of Roche Products Ltd. At Roche Products we believe diversity drives innovation and we are committed to building a diverse and flexible working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion or belief, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age. We recognise the importance of flexible working and will review all applicants’ requests with care. At Roche difference is valued and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work.
Preferred Degree Subjects
Computer Science and IT
Medical Engineering and related