In this role, you have the opportunity to
support customers by ensuring that their critical medical software is functioning at all times, without which doctors would not have access to life saving information. You will be part of our Radiology Informatics support team, working primarily with PACS and the associated product portfolio to provide primarily remote support (usually from home)to resolve incidents and work with empathy and sense of urgency to deliver solutions to meet customer/partner needs. This is an ideal role for a recent technical graduate who is looking to kickstart their career in a world leading healthtech organisation. You will be a natural problem solver who has a genuine interest in a broad range of IT areas, who enjoys fixing things, is organised and always puts the customer first. You will be fully trained and supported to ensure you are confident in our products and systems and ways of working before being responsible for customer queries independently.
This role will be covering customers in the UK and as such we will be requesting your flexibility to travel to customer sites. The main customer is situated within the North East region of England therefore this would be the ideal location.
You are responsible for
- Working as part of a team to analyse incidents and work with empathy and sense of urgency to deliver solutions to meet customer/partner needs
- Logging and categorisation of cases of cases according to standard processes
- Work through resolution of technical service issues according to standard processes and procedures and specialized understanding of complex product issues
- Ensure all critical cases or highly complex situations are quickly transferred to appropriate senior staff member for immediate attention and proper escalation
- Maintain a high level of technical competence on Philips solutions and related technologies
- May act as subject matter expert on specific product group(s) or processes
- Ensure all customers receive prompt and courteous support enabling the highest possible customer satisfaction
- Contribute to the knowledge base and create knowledge base materials
You are a part of a team of Support engineers both who support a wide range of solution based software systems including PACS, Cardiology systems based across the UK and Ireland, reporting to the support Manager and work together with the Global Enterprise Diagnostic Informatics (EDI) team which sits within our Precision Diagnosis business cluster.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Be a recent graduate in Computer Science or related degree
- Be able to demonstrate understanding of IT systems and infrastructure including the ability to fault find on Servers, Microsoft OS, Network, storage, and SQL/ Oracle.
- Excellent levels of customer service and Administrative skills
- Ability to attend customer site if required
- Clean Driving license
- Due to the role working in the healthcare environment, a standard DBS (Disclosure and Baring Service) criminal record check will be required for this role
- Healthcare informatics experience / knowledge would be an additional benefit but this is not required
- Software support capacity would be an additional benefit but this is not required
In return, we offer you
a path towards your most rewarding career, a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences.
- A basic salary of around £28 000 p.a. as well as a performance based bonus and car allowance
- Access to a wide variety of Company benefits, including matched pension contributions, and the option to purchase additional holiday.
- 25 days holiday allowance from the beginning, plus bank holidays.
- Learning and Development opportunities through our Philips University.
- Family-friendly policies which offer enhanced maternity and paternity schemes.
- The Philips Employee Shop which allows employees to buy Philips products at discounted prices.
- Regular activities that promote health and well-being.
- An Employee Assistance Program is available for all Philips employees and their families. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Please submit your detailed CV and cover letter / personal statement for immediate consideration which outlines your motivation for this specific role at Philips.
Your application will then by screened by a Recruiter and if successful, followed by a two stage video interview process.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!