The Commercial & Marketing Graduate Development Programme is a two-year structured scheme, allowing you to experience two different roles in two diverse business areas.
- Wherever your interests lie, you can build an exciting and satisfying career with us and gain real-world experience
- Find out how and where you can add value and best develop your abilities in the energy industry and at Phillips 66.
- You will contribute to important and challenging projects that accelerate your learning and development.
- The scheme is our starting point to identify and cultivate talented, passionate people and build a workforce that can propel us and more importantly you into an extraordinary future.
Phillips 66 is dedicated to helping new hires like you make a smooth transition into the professional world. We understand that your success as an employee and our success as a corporation are one in the same. That’s why we’ve developed career-specific new hire programs designed to give you the tools you need to maximize your potential and succeed in your new career.
Our Commercial organisation manages the company's worldwide commodity portfolio. Composed of several working groups based in London, Houston, Calgary and Singapore, it provides the support that allows us to optimize our assets and improve supply chain performance by gathering market intelligence, managing risk, and creating logistic solutions across the globe to enhance returns.
- Buying and selling commodities, including crude oil, refined products, liquefied petroleum gas, natural gas liquids, power and environmental instruments.
- Driving global coordination and supply management of feedstocks.
- Managing our global trading activities.
- Gathering market intelligence to improve market performance.
- Managing risk to achieve optimal return.
A career in Commercial can take many paths, one of which starts with our university graduate development program and moves through a variety of key positions in the overall value chain. This program provides new employees an opportunity to experience different roles without being committed to a single path. Some find their niche in one area and choose to develop deep expertise, while others thrive on variety and broader development, building their careers across multiple functions.
Phillips 66 has significant marketing operations in Europe, with office locations based in London and Hamburg; there is also a strong Marketing presence in the US. In the UK the business is primarily wholesale, selling fuels to distributors (some of whom are branded JET) and resellers. The fuels are either collected by customers or delivered through a contracted road tanker fleet operating out of a number of UK distribution points. In addition, Phillips 66 Limited supplies a network of approximately 330 independently owned petrol forecourts, all of which are branded JET.
Other markets served are aviation, marine and LPG. JET supplies some of the UK's growing secondary airports using owned and shared refuelling tankers and storage, and delivers to airlines through contracted refuelling operations. Marine markets are served using contracted vehicles, as is the LPG business.
A career in Marketing can take many paths, one of which starts with our university graduate development program and moves through a variety of key positions in the overall value chain. This program provides new employees an opportunity to experience different roles without being committed to a single path. Some find their niche in one area and choose to develop deep expertise, while others thrive on variety and broader development, building their careers across multiple functions.
Critical Skills/Leadership Criteria
- You are legally authorised to work in the United Kingdom on a regular, full-time basis without restrictions
- You are on target or have already achieved a 2.1 degree classification or higher
- You are a talented analytical individual with strong numerical capabilities
- You have a real flair for problem-solving and teamwork
- Proficient knowledge and experience of MS application
- Previous work experience or summer placement within a business or financial role
- Interpersonal communication, both written and oral presentation skills
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Good financial / economic evaluation skills
- Most importantly, you have a passion and excitement for the energy industry
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!