About the programme
The Physics graduate programme presents exciting opportunities to work on major, complex decommissioning programmes through the development and application of advanced techniques and equipment.
Physics at Babcock
You’ll be based in our radiometric instrument laboratories at Sellafield site in Cumbria with opportunity to undertake secondments in other parts of the business for the four years of your programme.
You will become part of a team with unrivalled expertise in Radiometric Characterisation and Nuclear Material Assay that is focussed on providing innovative solutions for our customers across the full nuclear lifecycle.
You will be given the opportunity to take part in all aspects of the project lifecycle from requirement development, design, build, commissioning, deployment, expert review and reporting.
Over time you will take the lead on projects within your areas of expertise and embrace opportunities to develop customer relationships, collaborate with partners and deliver our services locally in Cumbria and further afield - throughout the UK and internationally.
What you'll need
- A (Hons) degree in Physics. And because the programme is accredited by the IOP, IMechE and IET, it is desirable that your degree is accredited by one of these institutions too
- Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance. . For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you'll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Graduate Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partner Gen Healthy Minds, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.
Start date: Autumn 2024