Planning Management Graduate Trainee Programme - Construction North (Leeds)
Apply by: 28.11.2021
Yorkshire and the Humber
The Wates Group was established in 1897 and is one of the leading privately owned construction, development and property services companies in the UK. We employ almost 4.000 people, working with a range of clients and partners from across the public and private sectors At Wates we are proud to be a family-owned business, small enough to recognise and support great talent, yet big enough to challenge and inspire our people through amazing multi-million-pound projects. To us our industry is more than just building, it’s also a chance for us to positively impact the communities where we work and thrive.
Our Construction Business
Wates Construction specialises in maximising value by finding the most intelligent and creative ways to deliver outstanding buildings. We deliver projects in a range of sectors including, government, commercial, industrial and historical restoration. The award of Construction News’ Contractor of the Year in 2017 is a testament to the quality of our projects, our client satisfaction and our approach to the communities in which we work.
The base locations for these roles is as above, however you will be required to travel to and/or work at locations within the Construction North region should the business require.
As a Wates planner, you will create programmes of all the work needed on large construction projects and direct activities. You will also oversee logistics, deploy workers, manage budgets and ensure that work is on schedule. You will also Instigate and monitor a balanced suite of performance measurement criteria throughout a project’s lifecycle, including Key Performance Indicators, milestone management and analysis of trends.
Our Management Trainee Programme
If you’re looking for a programme full of innovation and variety then you’re in the right place. Here are some of the core benefits our Management Trainee Programme
- We support you throughout the program to Chartership
- Competitive industry salary and benefits package
- You will complete several rotations within the business unit, ensuring you get a full breadth experience
- You’ll receive structured development and a combination of technical and behavioural training
- You’ll receive professional mentorship and guidance as well as great exposure to our senior leaders
If your degree is in a non-construction related subject, you will also complete a higher apprenticeship in Construction Management as part of your trainee scheme. This is in addition to the structured on-the-job learning and technical and behavioural training.
What we're looking for
- Genuine interest in our Construction business
- Ability to communicate with a range of people, including customers, clients and key stakeholders
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Eager to learn with a keen eye for detail
- Candidates will be required to have a full driving license by September 2022, this will be a condition of offer
You will have obtained or be working towards a 2:1 degree in any subject.
This role also requires a Grade 4/C in Maths and English GCSE.
This role will close on Sunday 28th November at 11:59pm. Please ensure you allow enough time to complete your application before the deadline as applications made past this date will not be considered.
Assessment centres will take place in at the start of 2022.
Yorkshire and the Humber