A great British food company
Premier Foods is one of Britain’s biggest listed food companies, employing over 4,000 colleagues at 15 manufacturing sites and offices up and down the country. Many of our brands have been part of UK life for more than a century and you’ll find them in 94% of British households.
Graduate Programme - Procurement
We’re looking for outstanding graduates to join our 2 - 2.5 years development programme, with the drive and passion to make a difference to our business, and who have the potential to become our future leaders.
We take pride in everything we do and by joining the Procurement function you'll become a trusted advisor to the business, delivering transformational change.
Specifically, you'll be responsible for overseeing the procurement of specific spend categories and/or support major category spend areas, working alongside our supply partners and stakeholder teams to ensure relationships are optimised and deliver maximum value.
Following a 4 week induction programme which will include 3 weeks based at one of manufacturing sites to understand our business, you'll work closely within the specific function/business unit you have been assigned, on a structured development programme across 2, one year placements.
- Develop and implement sourcing and category plans aligned to business goals and objectives which deliver: cost leadership, innovation, service excellence and process and product improvement
- Supplier evaluation, selection and contract management
- Implementation of process improvement initiatives through effective programme and project management
- Provide regular market analysis, benchmark data and supplier evaluation to support category planning and risk management
- Responsible for supplier performance management and continuous improvement to ensure contracts meet and exceed business objectives of cost, quality and service
- Provide support and advice in sourcing of new materials/outsourcing for product development teams
- Provide volume and price forecasts for budget and forecasting processes. Responsibility for performance reporting and compliance to procurement policies and procedures
What can you expect?
- A salary of £28k per annum and attractive benefits package, as well as....
- A real community of like-minded fellow graduates
- Sponsored professional development
- A Business Mentor
- 11 days of learning and development workshops covering such topics as communication, negotiation, leadership and presentations skills
- Participation in a CEO business project – putting everything you’ve learnt into use!
- Invitations to social events and executive networking opportunities. Our graduates are social and enjoy informal dinners and drinks and have the opportunity to attend more formal events such as charity dinners or IGD/Manufacturing conferences
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- 3 A Levels – minimum of 280 UCAS points gained
- Degree qualified-ideally a Business related degree– 2:1 minimum achieved (or expected)
- An understanding of the UK FMCG/Retail sectors
- Clear career aspirations demonstrated through employment experience gained outside of studies
- High degree of commercial awareness
- Analytical and highly numerate
- The right to work in the UK and English speaking
- UK driving license
- Your base will be St Albans AL1 2RE and you will need to be prepared to relocate here: you may be required to spend time in other locations with overnight stays
- Experience of leadership roles across sports, hobbies or other interests
- Strong Communicator both oral and written
- Skilled in Microsoft Suite
- Prepared to study towards CIPS accreditation
Please Note: We receive a large volume of applications therefore we are not able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us by end of July 2019, unfortunately, you have not been successful on this occasion, however this should not prevent you from applying for other opportunities within our business.
Our much-loved brands include Mr Kipling, Cadbury, Bisto, Batchelors, Ambrosia, Sharwood’s, Oxo, Loyd Grossman, Homepride and McDougall’s, with some supported by our strategic partnerships with Mondelez and Nissin.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!