What Will I Be Doing
Joining our Graduate Development Scheme in Supply Chain/Operations, initially working on a one-month placement with our field sales team (Reach) and corporate induction before moving to a rotational plan that will include three 7-month placements at a cake factory; a grocery factory; and within Lutterworth in one of the following teams - demand planning, customer services, logistics or forecasting. To support respective teams in delivering KPIs.
First placement (2 weeks)
- To buddy a Field Sales Executive visiting our Grocery Mults to gain an understanding of our point of sales materials/ targets/ promotions/ brands and relationship building with Store and Warehouse Managers.
Second placement - Corporate Induction, Head Office (2 weeks)
- To gain a broad overview of our company structure; commercial/ finance and procurement functions including introduction to our Brands and Values
- To complete legal training and cover compliance requirements around IT; HR and people policies.
Third placement - Cake or Grocery factory (7-months) - Technical/ Audit experience
- To work within the Technical Team at a manufacturing site to gain hands-on experience of ensuring compliance to quality standards
- To get involved in internal technical audits helping teams to close out non-compliance items by building relationships with stakeholders
- To gain an appreciation of our Corporate Technical Standards (CTS) and impact of non-adherence
- To understand the audit requirements from BRC; CTS and our customers, e.g. Tesco; Morrison's; Asda; Sainsbury’s; etc.
Fourth placement - Cake or Grocery factory (7-months) - Team Leading experience
- To join the Operations Management Team at a manufacturing site to gain hands-on experience of leading a small team on shift
- To ensure the health and safety of that team by adhering to the Company’s policies and procedures
- To identify training needs and put training plans in place to drive flexibility and improved performance
- To carry our Employee Development Reviews (EDRs) with each team member
- To manage the discipline of team members and act as a strong role model in demonstrating the Premier Foods’ Values and behaviours
- To report daily/ weekly/ monthly KPIs driving improved OEE and maintaining/ exceeding production targets
Final placement - Lutterworth (7-months): Demand Planning, Customer Service, Logistics or Forecasting
- To generate reports for factory production plans. To analyse trends and accuracy of actual vs forecast.
- To join the customer services team to support with processing of orders and planning deliveries working closely with sales and logistics. Understand the customer complaints process responding within the agreed standard.
- To work with our third-party partner XPO to ensure smooth and efficient delivery to our customers.
- To have high regard for health and safety and adherence to quality standards
- To work with our forecasting team and Commercial to:
- Implement process improvement initiatives through effective programme and project management
- Provide regular benchmark data and provide volume and price forecasts for budget and forecasting processes.
- To prepare performance reports and ensure compliance to policies and procedures
What We Need From You
- Degree qualified in an engineering, manufacturing or science-related discipline
- Some work experience in industry
- An understanding of the UK FMCG/ retail sectors
- Able to meet the travelling requirements of the role
- High level of numeracy and accuracy
- Strong communicator – both oral and written
- Competent in Microsoft Suite
- Willing to undertake formal professional qualification with relevant Chartered Institute/Professional Body (via apprenticeship standard or sponsorship) or similar qualification at level 3-5, as required.
- UK driving licence (extensive travel will be required)
- Right to work in the UK without sponsorship
What Can You Expect?
- £28 k and attractive benefits package including: 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays, pension scheme, life assurance, employee discount scheme including travel, food and shopping discounts.
- A real community of like-minded fellow graduates
- A Business Mentor
- More than 10 days of off-job development workshops covering such topics as communication, presentation and influencing skills
Our much-loved brands include Mr Kipling, Cadbury, Bisto, Batchelors, Ambrosia, Sharwood’s, Oxo, Loyd Grossman, Homepride and McDougall’s, with some supported by our strategic partnerships with Mondelez and Nissi
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!