£34,227 - £39,835
About the role
We are looking for enthusiastic people to join our team of Prison Officers. In this role you’ll be working towards our vision of protecting the public and reducing re-offending, by enabling offenders to reform their lives.
Don’t worry if you’ve not worked as a Prison Officer before – full training is provided and we think your skills, attitude and abilities are the key to achieving success! The work may be challenging at times but the rewarding nature of the role means you will have a real opportunity to achieve great job satisfaction.
A workplace that invests in you
- A competitive salary that increases each 12 months until you reach the salary maximum.
- 21 days annual leave with an additional 10 days in lieu of all Manx and UK bank holidays. Your annual leave will increase after your first year and again after your third year.
- A choice of two generous pension schemes, where your employer will double your contributions (up to a maximum of 15%).
- Access to the Isle of Man Public Service Cycle to Work scheme after your first year of employment.
- Access to the Learning, Education and Development training facility, which is exclusively for Public Service employees, to keep on top of your continuous professional development.
- Free access to the Isle of Man Government Staff Welfare Service which offers professional counselling, emotional support and sign-posting on a wide range of issues.
- Discounted access to the NSC gym and Island swimming pools as well as 1-to-1 support programmes and exercise classes with qualified instructors. You will also have access to the on-site gym at the prison to use in your down-time.
- Access to the Prison staff canteen where you can purchase subsidised meals, drinks and snacks.
- Free car parking.
- A generous relocation package based on receipts is available for this role.
Making the Isle of Man your new home
A hidden gem in the Irish Sea, the Isle of Man boasts an extensive coastline, stunning natural landscapes and unspoilt beaches. There are an abundance of opportunities and lots of places to discover!
You can visit our great cafes, bars and restaurants, and become part of the Island’s close-knit community. The island is well connected to the UK with quick, direct flights and ferries to many destinations.
Want to find out more about Island life? Visit our website to find out why you should make your move to the Isle of Man!
Working for the Isle of Man Public Service
We are the largest employer on the Island delivering a diverse range of services to the people of the Isle of Man. We value our employees’ wellbeing and professional development and place great importance on rewarding commitment.
We support and promote flexible working, recognising the importance of a good work-life balance. We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements where possible and if interested you should discuss this with the Recruiting Manager.
The Isle of Man Public Service is committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates equality, diversity and inclusion. We understand how a wide range of views and experiences can benefit us as we work together for the Isle of Man.
Your candidate experience is important to us. As a proud member of The Circle Back Initiative, we commit to respond to every applicant that applies for an Isle of Man Public Service role.
Things to note
An enhanced with barring police check is required for this post, which the Isle of Man Government will cover the cost of for you.
Ready to apply?
We understand that you might have some questions about the role and the Recruiting Manager is on hand to support you.
We want you to get the best out of your application, so we recommend reading our Important Guidance Notes for Applicants before applying to learn about our recruitment process.
Applications will be accepted up to midnight of the closing date specified. If you have difficulties applying online please contact the Recruitment Team.
£34,227 - £39,835
Isle of Man