About SG Kleinwort Hambros
Kleinwort Hambros has more than 200 years of experience helping individuals, families, entrepreneurs, trusts and charities to manage their wealth. From expert wealth planning advice and investment strategies to specialist lending products, we provide the personal approach clients would expect from a modern and responsible private bank.
We have one clear purpose – to simplify life’s financial challenges. Providing a personal and holistic approach to wealth management, we know how to meet the needs of our clients with imagination, skill and attention to detail. We also understand the importance of creating strong relationships based on trust, service and expert knowledge.
As part of the Societe Genérale Group, we have access to the resources and services of one of the world’s leading financial groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial strength and proven expertise in innovation with a strategy of sustainable growth, aiming to be the trusted partner for its clients, committed to positively transforming the world.
What’s in it for you?
Join us as an Apprentice on a 22-month contract, the apprenticeship programme will consist of 3 department rotations within the Banks Support Business Teams, giving you valuable exposure to the bank. Depending on your strengths, career aspirations and business needs departments could include Operations, IT, Compliance, Risk, Legal, Finance and Human Resources.
The apprenticeship is a structured programme with a variety of core learnings, optional learnings, networking sessions and we will support and fund a formal Apprenticeship qualification and a Professional Qualification. The qualification will vary depending on your level of study but could be Investment Operations Specialist (IOS), Risk and Compliance Officer Apprenticeship, Data Analytics, Infrastructure Technician, Cyber Security or something else tailored to your chosen career!
Every member of staff, regardless of role, contributes creating longstanding and personal relationships with our clients, while offering them a greater level of service and opportunity.
Impact make yours a positive one.
Roles and Responsibilities
All training and support will be provided, and duties may vary depending on your rotation.
- You will collaborate and provide administrative support within the team, working closely with a variety of different colleagues ranging from junior to senior.
- You will be involved with ad-hoc projects to meet project deadlines in addition to business-as-usual work to run the department in collaboration with colleagues.
- You will learn and gain knowledge of business process, standards, policies and procedures including internal risk management, and how to exercise good judgement skills.
- You will undertake a variety of mandatory, soft skills and technical learning sessions about regulations that apply to banking, our people and our clients.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SGPB Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly ensuring good client outcomes.
Skills and Experience
- We are looking for individuals interested in Private Banking and who display our values of Team Spirit, Responsibility, Innovation and our Commitment to each other (Colleagues, employees and clients alike).
- Have natural ability and enjoy working in collaboration with a variety of colleagues, demonstrating a flexible approach, embracing new ideas and different perspectives.
- Be curious, point out opportunities, generate ideas and solutions for improvements present information in a confident and compelling manner.
- Focus and complete task in a timely manner and to a high standard, be able to manage your own workload and prioritise deliverables.
- Working knowledge of MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other relevant IT skills
- Interest in or academic knowledge of regulations applying to the financial services industry, its staff, and our clients. Be aware of the importance of integrity and honesty and willingness to do the right thing, following the rules and guidance in situations.
THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED
We’re looking individuals to start in July 2024, the subjects are not important.
We value diversity and collaboration, when you bring people together with different backgrounds and experiences, they offer fresh perspectives and innovative ways of working, which in turn boosts creativity and productivity
This is a place where you’re encouraged to contribute from day one, so you’ll be a great fit if you’re motivated, entrepreneurial and resourceful. To succeed in a collaborative, fast-changing and fast-paced environment, you’ll also need to be adaptable and a quick learner, with great attention to detail.
Step 1: Applications are open from 5th September to 5th November.
Step 2: Online assessments
Step 3: One-way video interview
Step 4: Virtual assessment centre
Step 5: Final interview
Step 6: Written offers will be confirmed early 2024.
Start date Early July 2024
We are committed to creating an inclusive assessment experience for everyone. Before taking any assessment, you will have the opportunity to get in touch with our assessment provider to share if there is anything that can be done to optimise your assessment experience so you can better show your skills, or if you feel you need an adjustment at any point.