As a Process Engineer you will develop manufacturing processes from concept through to commissioning trials and qualification. You will see product development over the whole of the product lifecycle.
This role is wide-ranging and has both practical and theoretical elements. You will often be viewed as a multi-disciplined engineer, with knowledge of materials science, mechanical engineering and production techniques.
You will ensure that new processes are proven capable of meeting design tolerances, with high production yield at the volume manufacture stage.
- Follow your passion with the following responsibilities:
- Working closely within an integrated Process and Product Development team
- Planning and subsequent delivery of Process Engineering Tasks.
- Gaining knowledge and experience in the design process and implementation of new technologies.
- Taking the opportunity to lead in Continuous Improvement projects.
- Planning, carrying out and reporting results from process development trials.
- Compiling technical data to support design approval.
- Alongside experienced engineers, specifying and qualifying new equipment used to manufacture munitions products.
- Ensuring there is a detailed Safe System of Work in place for the new processes you develop. This will include carrying out detailed Risk Assessments.
- Gaining knowledge and experience from supporting the Manufacturing Team in resolving any issues that may arise.
As a minimum requirement you’ll need to have obtained, or be predicted to obtain, a 2.2 in your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
What we have on offer for you!
Take your first steps in a career that motivates, rewards and evolves. At BAE Systems you’ll be working on exciting, pioneering business projects from day one. Our graduate scheme will prepare you with the skills you need to navigate situations that bring others to a standstill. We will help you make the very most of your talents. We place great importance not only on what we do, but how and why we do it. We are passionate, collaborative, and take pride in work that helps our customers and communities. Working for BAE Systems, you’ll go home at the end of each day knowing what you do really makes a difference.
Security/ Export Control:
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Working with us:
At BAE we want to be the leading employer in defence and security for valuing diversity and inclusion. We care about difference in all forms and want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently under-represented within our industry, including women, people from ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to be a preferred home for veterans and reservists.