About the programme
Start with the microscopic detail and work your way up. That’s what our process engineers do. Join them and you’ll help us develop robust, innovative solutions to extraordinary challenges.
Over this two-year programme, you’ll work with cutting-edge technology and build your experience in anything from submarine and commercial marine projects to next-generation construction projects.
Process Engineering at Babcock
There’s so much you could potentially do at Babcock. You might find yourself working on submarine projects or commercial marine programmes. Equally, you might help decommission old nuclear power plants or create new ones.
You may also be addressing the increasing importance of lower global emissions as Babcock develops solutions specifically targeted at assisting ship owners and operators reduce their environmental footprint.
What’s certain is that you’ll immerse yourself in cutting-edge technologies and gain the experiences needed to develop a specialism in this technical discipline.
What you'll need
- A MEng degree in Chemical Engineering (or similar)
- Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you'll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Graduate Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partner Gen Healthy Minds, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.
Start date: Autumn 2024