Begin a meaningful career right here.
Do you enjoy design research and analytic frameworks? How would you like to use your creative and analytical skills alongside business leadership in your everyday work!
Data Science and Engineering is where business, innovation and technology integrate to build a competitive advantage for P&G. Our mission is clear-- we deliver technology to help win with consumers. Our Data Scientist are diverse business leaders who apply technological skills to deliver groundbreaking business models and capabilities. Whether your role is to build an IT innovation strategy for a business, protect our critical information systems and assets, or lead a strategic supplier in our cutting edge shared services organization, your technical skills will be recognized and rewarded.
Use Big Data and advanced analytics to direct the engagement of our business leaders. We need someone who can execute research and analytics, including data source identification, processing, model/algorithm development.
In this role, you will be developing and maintaining minimal viable prototypes to scalable data pipelines that will ingest, transform and distribute numerous data streams and batches in support of key R&D initiatives. You’ll be supporting and collaborating with Data Scientists to develop advanced machine learning and statistical models. We need someone who can evaluate tools and develop pipelines to capture, integrate and clean data to support edge analytics solutions, as well as deliver optimal data solution architectures, automation and technical choices starting from experimentation through proof of concept and often through delivery.
What you can expect
We are looking to recruit candidates to work in our Reading Innovation Centre for 6 to 12 month internship placements starting in summer 2021.
We offer you
- Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities from a team that includes senior management and experience the impact you can have in our business early on.
- Continuous coaching – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager, enabling you to grow in a multifunctional, diverse environment and developing your talents and ideas.
- Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
- Benefits - we offer an attractive remuneration package on top of a great learning experience, and the best interns have potential to receive a Job Offer after they graduate.
Requirements (sell/experiences) for the role:
- Are a penultimate or final year student from one of the following degree sets: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Data Science, Business Analytics, Operation Research, Software Development, Computer or Electrical Engineering or a similar quantitative field.
- Have Academic excellence at all stages through school and University education
- Have a good knowledge of English
- Demonstrated leadership in applying and scaling Analytic techniques to deliver measurable insights from data
- Familiarity with machine learning workflows, sensors and IoT cloud architecture (desirable)
- Preferred Experience with Analytical Tools/Applications such as Unix/Linux; Big Data Ecosystem: Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, SQL, Hiv; Scientific Computing: R, Python, C++, Java, Scala; High-Performance Parallel and Distributing Computing; Deep Learning frameworks: Keras, Tensorflow; Data Visualization/Management Systems; Business Intelligence tools: such as KNIME, Tableau
At P&G #weseeequal
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our people come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unrivalled ideas?
P&G ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. Please contact us to request an accommodation by clicking ‘application help’ at the top right-hand corner of the career website.
Application Deadline: 20th November 2020 – however roles fill fast and are filled on an ongoing basis so apply early to avoid disappointment. We reserve the right to remove the role earlier than the deadline if it has been filled.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!