Graduate Data Analyst
Do you have passion to transform P&G's brand building while enabling better decision-making through advanced analytics? enhance business results and improving consumer's lives every single day? Then this role could be perfect for you.
Information Technology (IT) uses information and business knowledge to craft innovative solutions that change the way P&G runs business.
We innovate every single day the way business is done, through advanced mathematical models, providing optimization algorithms and uncovering unexpected insights.
A career in IT Data & Analytics will build your ability to influence and think strategically, across a breadth of experiences on multiple P&G business. In Analytics & Insights we partner with the consumer research group, creating a multifunctional team that delivers breakthrough insights and innovative business transformation to P&G.
This is a unique opportunity to join an award-winning IT and Analytics community working on a multi-billion dollar business based in our P&G UK Head Office in Greater London (Weybridge, Surrey).
Your responsibilities to start your career will be:
- Earn the role of trusted advisor of the Northern Europe Oral Care leadership team
- Deliver regular analytic insights, by using advanced analytic techniques, mining extremely large data sets and applying best in class algorithms developed with/by other Data Scientists, for example
- Analyze Market & Share performance of our brand portfolio to spot trends and understand their true causes
- Forecast key competitive threats as well as growth opportunities and design market strategies
- Model the expected outcomes of alternative scenarios to best inform the top management and provide recommendations to facilitate better and faster choices, impacting multi-million dollar decisions.
- Lead and improve the analytical program of your business unit together with our consumer research group:
- Design the data strategy for the business unit
- Adopt the right platform and big data technologies, collaborating with P&G Global Business Services managers
- Operationalize best in class algorithm
- Grow the organizations’ knowledge with analytic capabilities.
To qualify for the position, you posses the following qualities:
- Bachelor or Master Degree (preferably but not necessarily in a quantitative field e.g. Operation Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Math, Statistics, Analytics etc)
- Can handle multiple priorities and you have either an entrepreneur or consultancy mind-set, while technically (data) savvy.
- Passionate about discovering new things and learn quickly.
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, collaborative and "can-do" attitude
- Effective communication, excellent verbal and written English business skills required
...And it would be great to have as an addition:
- Modelling and Operational Research basics
- Data Science basic (e.g. Machine Learning, Cross Validation, Target Shuffling…)
- Data management and visualization skills / tools (KNIME, Spotfire, PowerBI or similar) is nice to have
- Together with programming languages (Python, R, C#, SQL or Java)
What we offer:
- Responsibility from Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your work from the beginning
- Recognized cutting edge IT skills with development opportunities in either a Data & Analytics specialized career path
- Meaningful work in a dynamic, diverse, multi-cultural and flexible working environment, impacting future business results.
- Continuous coaching and mentorship
- Dynamic, creative and supportive work environment
- Employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance
- A competitive complete compensation and benefits package, including company contributed pension scheme, share plans and private medical insurance.
Who we are
P&G is one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies and home to iconic, trusted brands that make life a little bit easier in small but meaningful ways. We have one of the strongest portfolio’s of loved and trusted brands such as Braun®, Fairy®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Aussie®, Oral-B®, and Pampers®.
We’re consistently recognised as one of the UK’s leading graduate employers listed in Times Top 100 Graduate Employers; The Best Places to Work – Glassdoor; Guardian UK 300; Job Crowd – Best Places for Graduates to Work and Universum’s Most Attractive Employers.”
AT P&G #WESEEEQUAL
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on inclusion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our people are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unrivalled ideas?”
We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability or any other legally protected factor.
We value flexibility and life balance and we have tools and policies ensuring our people feel part of an inclusive community.