Do you want to add real business value from Day 1? Do you have a passion for technology, leadership and a desire to learn and grow continuously? Then we have the perfect opportunity, to do a 12 month Information Technology Placement as either a Development Manager or a Technology Project Manager here at Procter & Gamble.
What to Expect
P&G IT deliver technical innovations that drive and accelerate our growth and further cement our renowned status as the world's largest consumer goods firm. The experience will provide you with the fundamentals for a career in the technology and Data & Analytics sector and will provide profound benefits to business areas across P&G.
During your placement in the Information Technology organisation, you are part of one of the most advanced global IT and shared Services organisations in the world. You will transform the way business is done through technology and innovation every single day.
The placement will commence in July 2020. We have opportunities in Newcastle and Greater London (Weybridge, Surrey).
Placement Area Opportunities
Development Management Placement
As a Development Manager, you will lead the development of a new or enhanced IT solution. You will be expected to understand business, user and solution requirements, get in touch with users and stakeholders to validate your understanding and deliver your own code and/or configurations, as well as lead partners and team members involved in your project. In addition, we will look for you to make recommendations to drive User Experience and contribute to the overall application quality via unit and integration testing and defect resolution. You will be supported with the necessary trainings in the end to end business process and coding languages you will leverage in order to be successful.
Callum: Global Consumer Relations
I’m working in GCR, primarily focusing on developing our tool ‘Zen’ which is used to automatically remove sensitive data from our support channels (such as e-mail/chat/social media) so that the company can comply with an EU law protecting individual’s data privacy (GDPR).
Technology Project Manager Placement
As an IT project manager, you will be assigned your own project to lead and deliver. You will need to build an understanding of the project objective, the customer requirements and the specific solution impacted. You will develop the project plan, lead the execution of project delivery, including measurement of progress vs schedule, project success criteria, risk management, stakeholder communication and problem solving for issues that occur. You will need to understand and balance between costs and benefits when reviewing options and making recommendations. During your time, you will get the opportunity to build expertise in the IT domain of the project and establish a network with experts across the globe.
Puneet: My PG Services
I’m working in mobility, to look at the discovery work for automating activation of roaming packs so we can reduce roaming cost around the globe, also looking at e-sim as new technology for P&G and its potential benefits that can be bought to the company.
Please indicate a preference area when prompted on your application
What we offer You
- Responsibilities from Day 1 – You will be given specific projects and responsibilities working on real and live business challenges, just like a true P&Ger.
- Continuous coaching – You will interact with a multi-functional team that could be spread across the globe, as well as work with our external partners. You will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager and coach.
- Compensation & Benefits - You will receive a competitive placement salary as well as other benefits whilst you are with us
- Opportunity to travel – We offer an all-expense paid trip to a European location where you will have the opportunity network with experts and present your findings to them.
- Long term career at P&G – We have a “promote-from-within” policy, successful placement students have the potential to secure a full time position with P&G after graduation.
What we look for
- Project Management – You will have ownerships and leadership of projects throughout the process, we are looking for those who can help create lasting business value with their work.
- Interest in IT – Whilst we encourage students to apply who study a discipline which involves Computer Science, we also encourage applications from applicants who have a real interest in pursuing a career in IT.
- Communication – You will be working across a variety of different functions across the business and you will need to actively communicate the status of the project and activities.
- Time management – You will be given real tasks and will need to lead your own time effectively and coordinate others and/or contractors.
Good to Know:
We’re consistently recognised as one of the UK’s leading graduate employers listed in Times Top 100 Graduate Employers; The Best Places to Work – Glassdoor; UK 300; Job Crowd – Best Places for Graduates to Work and Universum’s Most Attractive Employers.
At P&G #weseeequal. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Our people are all equally talented in unrivalled ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!