About the programme
Are you a self-starter with a desire to learn and grow in the field of procurement and supply chain? Join Babcock to gain functional and leadership experiences and become a Procurement and Supply Chain leader of the future.
Whether designing, building, operating, managing or maintaining vital assets, one thing is certain: procurement and supply chain lies at the heart of our operations and plays a pivotal role in our business success across our global operations.
On this programme, you’ll learn how we design global supply chains, provide sourcing expertise and leverage third-party relationships to maximise value, support operations and support business growth.
The programme consists of four six-month procurement and supply chain placements in different disciplines and businesses. Placements include source to contract, operational procurement, category management, procurement enablement, support to business growth and supplier quality in our Aviation, Land, Marine and Nuclear sectors.
On each placement you’ll interact with multiple teams and develop an understanding of how procurement and supply chain operates at Babcock.
Procurement and Supply Chain Management at Babcock
With a total supply chain expenditure of c.£2bn per annum, we need our suppliers and our Procurement and Supply Chain function to make a full contribution to our business performance, customer delivery, growth and profitability.
Our Procurement and Supply Chain function supports the whole business and continues its growth through:
- Creation of centres of excellence to drive best a practise
- Organisational wide Category Management deployment
- Enhanced Supplier Risk & Quality management
- New business systems, tools and process adoption and integration to drive improved efficiency and effectiveness.
We also support both the winning of new business and the successful delivery of existing customer contracts.
Together, our Procurement and Supply Chain function owns and delivers solutions that meet the needs of our business; harnessing people, value, technology and sustainability to create a safe and secure world.
Joining our Procurement and Supply Chain function as a graduate presents you with a great opportunity to embark on a varied career. Members of our teams often say that no two days are the same in the life of a Procurement and Supply Chain professional. We touch every kind of project and operation, so you might find yourself doing in-depth spend reviews, building sourcing strategies, supporting supplier innovation days, identifying value chain opportunities, conducting supplier performance reviews or supporting bids teams.
What you'll need
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and demonstrable interest in procurement or supply chain.
- Be an ambitious self-starter who enjoys the challenges of a fast-paced and complex environment.
- Good interpersonal skills, the ability to drive change and results and a clear potential for inspiring others.
- Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you'll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Graduate Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partner Gen Healthy Minds, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.
Start date: Autumn 2024
Warrington, Bristol, Plymouth, Rosyth, London