Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS, you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in payments and financial services technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all, fun!
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join FIS as a Product Analyst in the FIS University Program, based in London. This two-year program is suited to entry level joiners who aspire to develop a successful career with a leading fintech company!
Training for the role will mainly be on-the-job and you will also have an opportunity to participate in team projects, professional development seminars and access an online learning curriculum during the two-year program. You will work with a team that is invested in your growth, development, and success - including quarterly performance connects with your manager and bi-annual merit reviews.
The UK program has a start date in September 2022 with a dedicated “Learning Week” where you will:
- Learn the unique nature of our industry, products, and the markets in which we work
- Learn the structure of FIS and options for growth within the organisation
- Hear from FIS leadership about their journey and participate in senior leader networking opportunities
- Build a network of peers from across the organisation
Following the FIS University Program Learning week, you will continue your learning journey with your business unit and receive further functional training as you settle into your role.
About the team
The Strategy and New Initiatives team (SNI) are a core part of our Product Organisation. We work across the Banking, Payments and Merchant businesses, focused on:
- Ensuring Product deliver best in class experiences, via our platforms, to our customers by linking strategy to prioritisation
- Working with Product Leaders & Line of Business heads to define compelling propositions that serve each of our key customer segments
- Maximising the effectiveness of Product through standardisation of processes, practices, and tools
- Providing cross-organisation governance to manage our product lifecycle, coordinate deployment and go-to-market activities
- Pivoting and prioritising capital and resources to meet the highest value demand
- Bridging the gap between Line of Business, Sales, Product expertise and the Tech/delivery organisation
What you will be doing
The role will provide the opportunity to rotate across groups in the Strategy and New Initiatives team, including Portfolio, Transformation and Strategy.
In our Strategy team
- Work with Product Leaders & Line of Business heads to define compelling propositions for each Banking, Payments and Merchant customer segment
- Develop a clear view of the value-chain for each segment and assess our current proposition vs competition
- Identify the trends that are disrupting the industry, prioritising the themes that will be most impactful
- Provide Product Leaders and the Line of Business with clear trade-offs so that prioritisation decisions can be made in the context of our wider product strategy
- Manage the intake process to ensure that ideas for product innovations can be quickly sized and resourced
- Perform resource and capacity planning across domains, proposing creative solutions to any constraints
- Drive standardisation, optimisation and alignment of Product best practices, processes, and tools for effective delivery, launch and speed to market
- Own the governance model to ensure a smooth transition for Product End of Sale, End of Support, End of Life and Decommissioning
Who we are looking for
- A bachelor’s degree
- A confident communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, with good time management skills and an ability to multi-task
- Pro-active – willing to ask questions and put forward ideas
- Ability to build a network and comfortable interacting with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Proven teamwork skills combined with the desire and flexibility to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- An interest in financial technology, including payments technology and products
What we can offer you:
- A competitive salary
- Excellent benefits: medical and health, well-being, lifestyle, and many more!
- Structured onboarding program with networking opportunities
- Quarterly progression and development reviews during your first two years on the program
- Access to a virtual learning curriculum to support your professional development
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant opportunities in financial services & technology
- Opportunity to build your knowledge of the broader commercial payments industry
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
- A supportive work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
- A fun, inclusive culture – we create a great social environment across the entire team and do activities in person as well as virtually