Programmer Analyst, FIS University Program
Apply by: 31.12.2021
East of England
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS, you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in payments and financial services technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all, fun!
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join FIS as a Programmer Analyst in the FIS University Program based in Watford. This two-year program is suited to entry level joiners who aspire to develop a successful career with a leading fintech company!
Training for the role will mainly be on-the-job and you will also have an opportunity to participate in team projects, professional development seminars and access an online learning curriculum during the two-year program. You will work with a team that is invested in your growth, development, and success - including quarterly performance connects with your manager and bi-annual merit reviews.
The UK program has a start date in September 2022 with a dedicated “Learning Week” where you will:
- Learn the unique nature of our industry, products, and the markets in which we work
- Learn the structure of FIS and options for growth within the organisation
- Hear from FIS leadership about their journey and participate in senior leader networking opportunities
- Build a network of peers from across the organisation
Following the FIS University Program Learning week, you will continue your learning journey with your business unit and receive further functional training as you settle into your role.
About the Team
Retail Payments is a modern, international, and motivated team who support IST/Switch and Cortex clients across Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
IST/Switch is a high-performance credit and debit processing switch for all transaction processing needs. IST/Switch can communicate with an unlimited number of devices and can route transactions to a limitless number of networks and host systems. Cortex is a modularised, open architecture card payment platform available for deployment anywhere in the world. Cortex provides comprehensive card payments features consisting of both card management and online transaction authorization functionality. It can support both debit and pre-paid card processing and has some support for credit cards (at low volumes). Cortex also provides some acquiring switch capabilities that are suitable for certain markets.
What you will be doing
As a Programmer Analyst, you will work in a project team which is client-facing and provide application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Build knowledge and demonstrate an understanding of FIS’ card payments platform
- Work with clients, analyzing their requirements and translating business requirements into solution designs
- Ensure system improvements are successfully implemented
- Suggest technical alternatives and improve/streamline processes and systems
- Make recommendations towards the development of new code or re-use of existing code
- Analyse and modify logic in existing applications, and develop program logic for new applications
- Code, test, debug, document and maintain software applications
Who we are looking for
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science/ STEM subject
- Knowledge of a programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Python
- Strong interpersonal skills – a confident communicator
- You are detail-orientated, analytical with strong problem-solving skills
- You have technical aptitude; an ability to break down and explain complex data to a non-technical audience
- Highly organised, with good time management skills and an ability to multi-task
- Pro-active – willing to ask questions and put forward ideas
- Ability to build a network both internally and externally, and comfortable interacting with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Willing to travel and work abroad on customer sites as required
What we can offer you
- A client-facing role, with an opportunity to gain a good degree of responsibility relatively quickly
- A competitive salary and excellent benefits: Medical and Health, Well-Being, Lifestyle, and many more
- Structured onboarding program with networking opportunities
- Quarterly progression and development reviews during your first two years on the program
- Virtual learning curriculum to support your professional development
- Opportunity to build your knowledge of the retail payments industry
- A supportive work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
East of England