Project Management Consultancy - Plymouth
Apply by: 31.12.2021
The Service Mace offers its clients a fully comprehensive project management service. Our project management experts offer a flexible and highly bespoke service based on a robust and well-proven formula for delivery. Working alongside our clients, we adopt a value-driven approach to defining business and project objectives before identifying the most effective means to deliver.
As a graduate in Project Management, you will work closely with clients and consultants delivering projects through all stages of the construction lifecycle. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with clients to establish their needs
- Preparing tender documents
- Contributing to the project execution plan, including the logistics planning and scheduling
- Working closely with the design team from concept to delivery of contractor documentation
- Working closely with the project team and cost managers to ensure all strategies implemented work effectively and efficiently
- Monitoring project progress and preparing progress reports to update relevant parties
- Monitoring and reporting on budgets and cash flow
- Monitoring any potential risks to the project and looking for mitigations where possible
- Monitoring and reviewing of health and safety practices
- Providing general support and assistance to the Project Manager.
Your work base will be flexible and could be in one of Mace offices, at a client’s office or facility, or in a designer’s studio. You will gain exposure to all aspects of project delivery from concept design, through to construction, commissioning, validation handover and into operation.
Professional Qualification Routes
Graduates working in project management will be supported in working towards their professional qualification with a relevant chartership body and further support towards obtaining a professional qualification with the Association of Project Managers (APM).
- An undergraduate degree (expected or obtained).
- Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications).
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for a career in the construction industry.
Additionally you will need
- An understanding of the project life cycle and the roles and responsibilities of project teams
- Ability to adapt and add value to different teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A drive to deliver results
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload.