Making big things happen
On our Graduate Development Programme, join a well-respected team that has a strong reputation in the engineering industry. You'll be part of something big, enjoying all-level support from line managers to senior leaders.
While you grow in areas that excite you, we also encourage you to maintain a positive work-life balance. So, during our recruitment process, tell us what matters to you. Speak to us about how we support wellbeing in and out of the office – including different ways to be flexible around work. Let's also talk about some of our recent pledges for women's equality and how we're Disability Confident and an inclusive employer.
With Atkins or Faithful+Gould, you'll be in great company.
Where you could work
Join the team that project manages some of our world's largest, most complex programmes and construction projects. As one of our Graduate Project Managers, you'll have the chance to plan and deliver on both large and niche projects. You could manage an eco-friendly build, like the Cambridge Mosque, or restore a major art centre, such as Edinburgh's Collective. We'll trust you to own your projects while supporting you to develop your skills and confidence.
Nuclear and Power
We're the team that has been engineering, delivering, managing and decommissioning nuclear facilities worldwide for over 20 years. As a Graduate Project Manager, you'll be responsible for realising projects to time, cost and quality. You'll work with our engineering teams, clients and stakeholders: monitoring and reporting on projects, as well as leading and coordinating industry-leading bids. Some of the clients you could work with, include Urenco UK, Sellafield Ltd and various nuclear new build organisations. You'll be transforming the future of energy with us and be proud to play a part in reaching net-zero by 2050.
In a connected and ever-changing world, we’re shaping the future of transport, making journeys easier, safer and more reliable, supporting a healthier, happier and more productive society. Through combining traditional engineering, new technologies and innovative thinking we bring ideas to life, meeting increased demands on infrastructure to deliver not only more, but better for less. As partner of choice, our industry-leading expertise, strategic insight and capability spans the full transport ecosystem, reimagining infrastructure across rail, highways and local transport. Our collaborative approach puts our customers at the heart of everything we do, driving efficiencies, improving mobility and unlocking growth.
We’re not all the same, and that’s our greatest strength. Different views and opinions enhance our ability to provide value-added performance and better services for our clients.
That’s why we believe different, makes a difference. Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experience you bring.
Our graduate programme has been designed to give you an insight into the huge variety and the chance to explore where your own skills and interests lie. Through a combination of on-the-job learning and practical skills development within your chosen role, you’ll work on real projects from day one that offer scale and variety collaborating with others and creating meaningful impact on the world around us. You’ll work towards your professional accreditation; whichever path you take, your future starts here.
What you'll need
- A passion for, and understanding of, a consultancy environment
- Enthusiasm to drive your own career development and a motivation to learn
- Be curious in your thinking and apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions
- Drive and determination to achieve professional accreditation
- An ability to adapt to the changing world of work, embracing new technology and agile ways of working
- Ability to demonstrate relationship building skills which you’ll use with clients and internal stakeholders
- Confidence to work on your own initiative as well as being part of a multidisciplinary team
Meeting your needs
We aim to promote a workplace which allows our people to perform at their best. So, as well as ensuring you’re rewarded for your efforts, we also have a variety of initiatives in place to create a healthy workplace and support your well-being:
- A settling in payment of £2,500 when you join and a further payment of £2,500 when you achieve chartered status or reach an equivalent stage in your professional development
- 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays. You also have the option to buy an additional 15 days or sell up to 5 days
- Flexible working arrangements
- 2 paid volunteer days per year, to be used with a charity or initiative of your choice
- An assigned graduate buddy upon joining & a collaborative graduate network across all locations
- Support to achieve Chartered status or equivalent with a relevant institution
- A robust career development plan, including a library of core learning modules and on the job technical training
- Annual Graduate Events
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health or life matters
- Access to all employee networks for social interaction, peer support and personal development, as well as contributing to the development of policies and working practices
- Opportunities to further develop yourself by applying to our Women’s Professional Development Programme and ethnic minority Empowering Programme
To view all available benefits, visit our Total Rewards portal.
How do I apply?
Please click "Apply Now" below to register your details and start your application journey. To find out more and for advice on how to play to your strengths, visit us on Connectr.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are able to support you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially.
Remember, our programmes are incredibly popular, and some roles may close early. So, avoid disappointment by getting your application in as soon as possible.