Your Opportunity to Define Possible. Our Opportunity to Deliver the Nation’s Security. Together.
Join Northrop Grumman and embark on a journey of innovation that transforms lives today and shapes generations to come. As a pioneer of ground-breaking technology, we've played a pivotal role in technological advancements that define our nation's history. From conquering the skies to lunar exploration, we seek individuals who dare to invent the future, bring bold ideas to life, and thrive on the impossible. At Northrop Grumman, curiosity, diversity of thought, and embracing your authentic self are the drivers of our culture. Join us in this paid, 12-month placement and see for yourself.
As a Project Management Intern, you’ll get to support pioneering projects that use cutting-edge technology and innovation for strategically important national defence programmes. Reporting to the Programme and Project Managers and as a key member of the Project Management team, you will learn to:
- Support and work alongside the PM team to organise and manage cross-discipline, matrixed project teams.
- Help the PM teams to meet schedules and cost targets as defined in the master schedule and in line with contracted KPIs.
- Work with the Programme and Project Manager to ensure the smooth running of customer meetings and periodic reviews.
- Ensure the project delivery team is responsive to customer needs.
- Provide the Programme and Project Managers with status reports on key Programme activities in accordance with the project drumbeat.
What You Bring (essential experience and qualifications):
- Working towards a degree (or equivalent) in a Project Management or Engineering-related subject (awarded or predicted).
- Familiarity with basic project management methodology and tools (e.g. Microsoft Project).
- Experience as part of a project delivery team – this could be in project teams at university.
- The ability to solve problems and develop solutions to a variety of problems.
You must be able to achieve SC level security clearance for this role.
Why Join Us:
As an integral part of our team, you'll enjoy a range of benefits, including
- Flexibility in working arrangements, including hybrid options
- Opportunities for compressed working – have every other Friday off!
- Flexible benefits package
- Travel benefits
- Family-friendly policies
- Holiday buy and sell
- Employee well-being and assistance programmes
- Career Development opportunities for ongoing growth
- For top performers, an offer of a place on our Graduate Programme
For a comprehensive list of benefits, visit our UK careers site.
Inclusion and Diversity:
We are committed to equality and diversity in our workplace, including neurodiverse candidates. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants, regardless of protected status.
Ready to Join Us?
Submit your application online. For inquiries, reach out to our early careers team. Learn more about our UK careers on our website.
Join Us in Defining the Future of Security
London - New Malden