At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
This role supports the Programme Manager and Project Managers in the delivery of Defence projects.
- Support and work alongside the PM team in the organisation and management of the cross-discipline, matrixed project teams
- Support the PM teams in meeting schedule and cost targets as defined in the master schedule and in accordance with contracted KPIs
- Work with the Programme and Project Manager to ensure the smooth running of customer meetings and periodic reviews
- Ensure the project delivery team is responsive to customer needs
General Operational Duties
- Provide the Programme and Project Managers with status reports on key Programme activities in accordance with the project drumbeat
- Support the preparation of presentation material for both internal and external meetings
- Attend discipline and project meetings and ensure actions are tracked to closure
- Support the generation of technical and commercial responses to RFQs
- Remain compliant with all Command Media Processes and procedures
- Understand and apply all policies, processes and procedures around compliance and governance
Essential qualifications / experience
- On track to achieve a degree in an Engineering, project management or other numerate subject
Preferred qualifications / experience
- Familiarity with basic project management tools e.g. Microsoft Project
- Experience as part of a project delivery team
- Understanding of project management methodology
- Adept at problem-solving, able to develop solutions to a variety of problems
- Good attention to detail
- Organised, adept at workload management and prioritising appropriately to meet deadlines
- Flexible and responsive to changing priorities
- Proactive team worker, equally self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Good interpersonal skills, able to engage effectively with all audiences/stakeholders
- Proficient user of MS office
- Competent in PowerPoint (and face-to-face presentation delivery – if required)
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Strong customer focus
- Engaging ‘can do’ attitude
Please submit a CV and a covering letter with the following information:
- What appeals to you about Northrop Grumman and a place on the project management internship?
- What skills, knowledge and experience are you seeking to develop during the project management internship?
Your cover letter should not exceed 500 words.
- Travel requirements: Occasional UK travel may be required to attend team/customer meetings and training activities
- Clearance requirements: Post-holder must be able to achieve UK Government clearance (SC)
- Looking for flexibility? At Northrop Grumman UK we have hybrid working arrangements. Talk to us at the application stage about what may be possible.