Who We Are?
Frazer-Nash are a leading engineering, systems and technology consultancy. Through our meaningful innovations, our experts help organisations make lives secure, safe, sustainable and affordable.
In a nutshell, our consultancy is all about providing advice to positively impact our clients’ projects and businesses and the wider world around us.
As a summer intern, you will typically be working on multiple projects simultaneously, managing your time and rapidly accruing a wealth of experience and skills. Hence, no two days in Frazer-Nash will be the same.
You will be surrounded by experts not just in your team, but also in a wide range of other fields – whether it’s digital or engineering, we’re an interesting bunch.
We have a comprehensive Early Careers package that will help you successfully integrate into our business and meet new colleagues from across the organisation – last year we had over 100 Graduates, interns and summer placements and we are looking for a similar sized cohort this year so you will be joining with a large and vibrant peer group.
You will be joining one of our teams based in Portsmouth, Bristol, Burton-on-Trent or Leatherhead. Each team has a mix of project management specialisms and experience, but all are characterised by a commitment to help our clients deliver their projects successfully.
Our groups work on a wide range of complex projects across sectors as diverse as energy, transport and defence. Some of our consultants are embedded in client project teams, others work alongside clients to help them solve problems that are holding their projects back. Currently, we are providing teams to manage and deliver state-of-the-art research and development programmes in Defence and support the UK government to access the innovation needed to reach net-zero carbon by 2050.
You could be working as an individual within one of these projects or as part of a team setting up and implementing project management capabilities such as Project Management Offices
We’re looking for individuals who:
- Evaluates information to make decisions: The ideal candidate should possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills, be comfortable with uncertainty, excel in solution development. Additionally, they should have the aptitude to apply core project management competencies (such as managing risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies) in order to support critical technological and engineering decisions.
- Takes Initiative & Ownership: The ideal candidate should exhibit initiative, and strong time management skills, consistently delivering on tasks and objectives without constant supervision. They should be accountable, and possess the ability to plan and organise work efficiently to meet clients’ needs.
- Builds effective relationships with clients: The ideal candidate should excel in effective communication, translating technical concepts into understandable language, and possess strong interpersonal skills for building relationships. They must also demonstrate confidence in delegation, the ability to empathise with clients, articulate solutions persuasively, and exhibit the emotional intelligence required to see things from the client’s perspective.
- Adapts and remains calm: The ideal candidate should thrive in an environment characterised by undefined structure and frequent changes. They should be willing to adapt to situations and maintain composure as they arise. This role requires constant stepping out of one’s comfort zone, and managing a variety of projects by effectively controlling and embracing change.
Working towards a degree level qualification 2:1 or above, ideally in relevant disciplines such as project management, business management, science, technology, engineering or mathematics is also required.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.
Our Recruitment Process:
Step 1: Application - CV submission
Step 2: Measure Potential - Arctic Shores’ task-based assessment. You will be asked to complete some exciting, engaging tasks which will help us get to know you better! In return, you’ll receive a personalised feedback report.
Step 3: Video Interview - Situation based & technical questions that are related to the important criteria needed to be successful on the role.
Step 4: Final Stage Interview - This includes a final stage interview with opportunity to learn more about what we do.
Step 5: Decision/Feedback - You will receive feedback even if we do not make the decision to offer you the job or progress you to the next stage.
Here's what we offer:
The opportunity to join and learn with a team that’s as driven as they are supportive.
A competitive salary: [£23,500]
25 days holiday (pro rata)
A company that has its heart in the right place and a welcoming work culture.
Hybrid working with flexibility around life outside of work.
Support and mentoring during your internship.
Early career teams and office socials.
And a whole host more...
Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply, as we believe that diversity and inclusion are fundamental to creating a dynamic and thriving workplace culture.
- A competitive salary: [£23,500 pro rata]
Portsmouth, Bristol, Burton-on-Trent and Leatherhead