We are offering an exciting opportunity to join FIS as a Project Manager in the FIS University Program, based in Watford . This two-year program is suited to entry level joiners who aspire to develop a successful career with a leading fintech company!
Training for the role will mainly be on-the-job and you will also have an opportunity to participate in team projects, professional development seminars and access an online learning curriculum during the two-year program. You will work with a team that is invested in your growth, development, and success - including quarterly performance connects with your manager and bi-annual merit reviews.
The UK program has a start date in September 2022 with a dedicated “Learning Week” where you will:
- Learn the unique nature of our industry, products, and the markets in which we work
- Learn the structure of FIS and options for growth within the organisation
- Hear from FIS leadership about their journey and participate in senior leader networking opportunities
- Build a network of peers from across the organisation
Following the FIS University Program Learning week, you will continue your learning journey with your business unit and receive further functional training as you settle into your role.
About the team
The Debit and Pre-Paid platform provides card issuance and authorisation capabilities to financial entities of various sizes. These are a mixture of debit and pre-paid cards across multiple industries i.e. traditional bank accounts, travel money cards, pocket cards, gift cards.
The Project Management role sits within the Debit and Prepaid team who are responsible for managing the delivery of the Debit and Prepaid card issuing solution within our Cortex Payments processing platform ensuring projects are delivered on time and budget to the defined scope from project initiation to closure.
This will be a multifaceted role where you will be given responsibility of driving the delivery of external client card issuing projects and internal enhancement and maintenance projects at every stage within the IT Project lifecycle, ensuring the FIS Project Management methodology and Project governance is being followed throughout.
What you will be doing
In this role you will be responsible for managing the delivery of client facing and internal enhancement and/or maintenance projects within our Debit and Prepaid card issuing platform. You will be the main point of contact for our external clients and internal stakeholders ensuring that designated projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the defined scope.
Day-to-day responsibilities in the role:
- Manage multiple clients and/or internal maintenance/enhancement projects of various sizes against agreed budgets and timescales from contract signature through to live production
- Develops, defines, and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables
- Maintain and develop business relationships with assigned clients or internal stakeholders through project kick off meetings, and ongoing project meetings presenting a professional image
- Monitor all aspects of the project to ensure it meets company standards, methodologies, and quality assurance guidelines
- Control, monitor and report progress against plan and take corrective action as necessary to meet delivery obligations
- Manages project risks, issues/problems, and activity progress to ensure project goals, e.g., deadline, scope and quality are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed
What knowledge and skills / career path can you expect to build in the role?
- Develop an understanding of the Payments industry and Payments processing
- Project Planning and Governance
- Effective Communication Skills
- Organisation and Time Management
- Microsoft Project
Who we are looking for
- A bachelor’s degree
- A confident communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, with good time management skills and an ability to multi-task
- Pro-active – willing to ask questions and put forward ideas
- Ability to build a network and comfortable interacting with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Proven teamwork skills combined with the desire and flexibility to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- An interest in financial technology, including payments technology and products
What we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- Excellent benefits: medical and health, well-being, lifestyle, and many more!
- Structured onboarding program with networking opportunities
- Quarterly progression and development reviews during your first two years on the program
- Access to a virtual learning curriculum to support your professional development
- Opportunity to build your knowledge of the broader commercial payments industry
- A supportive work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect