Public Relations and Communications Internship
Join Disney for a challenging and rewarding 12-month internship!
During an internship at Disney, you will get the chance to work side by side with industry leaders in your field of study. You will gain valuable skills working within one of the strongest family of brands on a global scale while building lasting connections. Imagine that!
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About the internship
As a Public Relations and Communications Intern in one of Disney’s businesses, you will be involved in a wide range of duties which could include supporting the team in PR based research, maintaining the PR calendar of events and managing ad-hoc projects throughout the year. You will assist in ensuring the Disney brand is portrayed and communicated to the world in a positive and honest light. This internship will develop your communication, stakeholder management and time management skills.
- Must be an undergraduate student in a sandwich year course returning to study in Autumn 2023
- Must have the right to work in the UK already in place
- Studying for a degree that is relevant to the role applied for
- Strong interest in future career in PR / Communications
- Attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner
- Ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and undertake various administrative duties
- Strong MS Office skills
What we offer
- Develop your workplace skills and experience and help build the foundations of your future career
- Constructive on-the-job training as well as companywide learning and development initiatives
- Learn how decisions and actions are made within a global business environment
- Take on real responsibility and become an essential part of an encouraging team
- Have the support and network of a large community of interns
- Gain essential knowledge to help you achieve success in your placement and your future career
- Annual salary of £21,000 with 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Great discounts on Disney products!
We will give you the opportunity to gain experience working for the world’s leading entertainment company. There is no better place to show what you’re made of – apply now!
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, click on the apply online button below.
Applications are in the form of CV and cover letter. Note that applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Your cover letter should be approximately 400 words and include the following:
- Why have you chosen this internship?
- Why have you chosen Disney?
- What qualities do you possess that would encourage Disney to choose you for the internship?
Please only apply to one internship position. We offer a large number of Early Careers opportunities across our business and if appropriate we will consider you for all relevant opportunities when you apply.