More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
Great minds. Nothing alike. Get to know us, our clients and start learning more about yourself. As a placement student in our Public Sector team, you’ll be connecting with the issues that bodies responsible for key public services are facing. You will be providing independent advice so they can confidently do what is right and make the best decisions for the future. The UK public services are facing unprecedented challenges and a constantly evolving landscape that calls for an approach that puts what is right first. You will need to push ideas harder and ask difficult questions, giving our clients the assurance they need and helping them to make a difference to the lives of the population they serve. Public Sector Audit is a specialist team with over 300 members across the UK. As part of the team, you’ll be working with public bodies, government departments and national services, working to understand the issues they are facing, giving you a real opportunity to make a difference. During times of rapid change and financial challenge, Public Sector bodies increasingly require assurance over their use of resources and financial accounts. There will be challenges along the way, but you’ll be supported and able to meet each one with a solution. That’s how you excel here.
A look into your future
Our 12-month placement programme is designed so you can experience life working right at the heart of the business. Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll experience during your year with us:
- Hands on experience in the different aspects of audit, with a variety of clients, from NHS trusts to Fire Authorities and Local Councils
- Our portfolio of clients includes the biggest and most significant of local public bodies, including household names as Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, the Metropolitan Police and the majority of England’s core cities.
- You’ll get experience working on all kinds of projects with work including the application of state of the art data analytics tools and techniques, that include the automated interrogation of financial information systems
- Responsibility and the opportunity to take ownership for interesting and challenging client work
- You’ll develop a strong internal and external network to learn from
- You’ll?be required to?spend time going out to work at client sites
- Working closely with colleagues to provide robust challenge and market leading insights to help clients meet their regulatory needs and business objectives
- On the job learning, alongside structured training
- At the end of the programme, you’ll have gained a wide range of skills and experience which will support your learning and development back at university and when you return to the workplace
Knowing that you’re right for us
We’ve got a flexible approach to academic entry requirements, and we’ll consider these alongside your strengths and motivations. We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves.
Back yourself with our backing
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential. Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to be yourself and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
How we work?
We work in a hybrid way here at Grant Thornton, with colleagues working between our offices, client sites and at their homes. As a placement student, the expectation is that you will spend around four days either working from an office or client site to help with your learning, building relationships and connections with your peers.?
Beyond the job
Everyone here enjoys a competitive salary, and you’ll receive access to a variety of our core benefits. The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments once qualified, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility. We’ll use the interview process to check your values match up. You deserve the best start to your career. Come to where you’ll learn more, where you won’t limit yourself, and where you’ll discover exactly what you’re capable of. Choose Grant Thornton. It’s how it should be.
Before applying, we would encourage you to visit our employability hub to get a feel for what it’s like to start your career with us and to get some hints and tips for the next stage in our process.