The Purchase Price Analyst has an important role to deliver, not just within our Business Insight & Pricing team, but feeding into Product and Category Management and Supplier Business Management departments.
The position requires exceptional detail orientation, analytical and logical thinking skills – involves receiving a huge variety of purchase price data from hundreds of global suppliers. Your role is to translate these price files into a pre-defined, standardised format, suitable for the consumption of teams across the organisation.
You will assess the financial impact of changes in pricing; using data and commercial analysis skills to understand the implications and predict the outcome of pricing fluctuations, change or anomalies. You’ll use a pragmatic approach and excellent communication skills to share pertinent findings and insight with stakeholders within the Business Insight and Pricing Team.
The position involves stringent data-inputting to measured time-scales, analysing this data, and identifying and assessing commercial implications. You will, on mass, translate this data into a digestible format and co-ordinate with our Supplier Business Management team, for any negotiation or conversations required with suppliers.
We’re looking for you to have advanced Excel skills, including proficiency with pivot tables and V-Look ups in order to manipulate large quantities of complex data into acceptable formats. We’re looking for a consistent approach to the processing of large amounts of purchase price data, meeting defined targets in a responsible and autonomous way.
We’re hoping for you to bring a pragmatic and commercial approach, to advise colleagues of what purchase price data could mean for the organisation. We’d hope that you would, in time, bring your problem-solving and logical thinking skills to suggest the best commercial actions to take.
What you can expect
- Enhancing your advanced skills in both Microsoft Excel and SQL within a real-world business critical environment
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of Purchase Pricing in a digitally enabled, e-commerce organisation
- Familiarising and mastering the use of enterprise-level software SAP in a role that is essential to our commercial operations
- Continuous feedback from a friendly manager, including weekly catch-ups and quarterly development reviews
- The opportunity to gain a holistic view of the e-commerce retail sector; from meeting suppliers alongside our Supplier Business Managers to learning what first-class Product Management looks like from our Category Management team
- An induction and onboarding experience that includes working full time (Monday to Friday) in our exceptional Manchester City Centre Head Office for an initial period of 2 – 4 weeks, followed by hybrid remote working for the remainder of the placement (working from home three days per week and two days per week in the office)
- A dedicated Buddy and / or Mentor: Both someone to connect with outside of your team and area of focus; plus your main point of contact in the Business Insight and Pricing team to guide and support you in the role
- Spending time with each and every person in the Business Insight and Pricing team over the duration of placement; learning new skills from the experience of our diverse and expert team
- The opportunity to experience working life in different departments across the organisation every month
- Five Volunteering days over the course of a 12-month placement
- A full hardware and software package prepared and ready for you on day one, including high specification laptop and system set-up, plus a big friendly welcome on our business and social communication channels