As a billion pound company success often stems from not just the Marketing and Commercial teams, but also all the back-end functions which help to make the business move as smoothly as possible. At L’Oréal, Purchasing is not just sitting on excel, you will have direct exposure to people in all functions including marketing, purchasing and IT providing you with the perfect opportunity to understand how L'Oréal operates.
As the Purchasing Intern you will be responsible for assisting the team with the efficient creation and implementation of purchasing initiatives. This includes new product launches and promotional activities across all UK retailers. It is a key position within a busy team, reporting to the Purchasing Manager. You will work closely with the marketing team and liaising with external suppliers and retailers.
Day-to-day you may be...
- Optimising the Group’s financial results by controlling and ensuring adherence to contracts
- Using your initiative to develop meaningful Management Information (MI) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) from complex and varied sources, and report in a timely manner to the wider finance team
- Liaising with a complex and diverse stakeholder groups to inform and educate about purchasing initiatives
- Daily management of key indirect spend category of travel and accommodation, identifying and implementing opportunities to reduce cost and enhance service
- Providing key corporate decision-makers with timely and accurate information to take business decisions and / or shape L'Oréal policy
- Analysing, reporting on and exploring new areas of opportunity for the L’Oréal Purchasing Team, primarily through manipulating Microsoft Excel data
- Supporting and assisting the maintenance of data and documents pertaining to the performance and objectives of the Purchasing Team
- Providing support to other members of the Purchasing Team on sourcing initiatives as and when required
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- A strong sense of initiative and problem solving
- A flexible approach to work, with an ability to manage multiple tasks to tight deadlines
- Numerate and PC literate: in particular with strong Excel skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Networking skills and the ability to interact with all areas of the business
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.
Once you click apply you will be asked some questions to check you are eligible for this role. These will questions around your current situation, whether you’re happy with the salary, location etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to a Competency Assessment. In this we would like you to answer three competency questions, two written and one via video. Although there is no time limit on this the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying!
If you have met our benchmark we will then send you some cognitive tests to complete. These will be sent via an email link and will give us a great idea on your numerical ability as well as testing you in a few other areas. Remember practise makes perfect so make sure you’re prepared when you give these a go!
We will then do a final review of your entire application and if successful, invite you to an Assessment Centre. Please be patient with us, sometimes it can take a few weeks before your application gets reviewed.
Our Assessment Centres this year will all be completely virtual; they will be running from when applications open until the roles are filled. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre date isn’t until later on in the recruitment period!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference, please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.