Who we are
Our purpose - to build trust in society and solve important problems - has never felt more relevant. We bring our purpose to life through our focus on our clients, our people and the communities in which we live and work to address current and future challenges. As one of the world’s leading professional services organisations, attracting the right talent continues to be paramount. Investing in our people is central to our mission and inclusive culture. Whether it be empowering our people to learn new skills for the digital world, to reimagine the possible on how we work with clients, or to be open-minded on how we care for and support each other, we want to create an environment where our people can be the best they can be.
What you'll do
During this three-day paid programme you’ll get an insight into what a career at PwC could look like, you’ll virtually meet mentors and buddies who’ll represent the variety of opportunities available across PwC. You’ll meet some of our Black colleagues to hear about their own personal career journeys, as well as from some of our networks focussed on Diversity and Inclusion. Through interactive sessions the programme will help you to develop confidence in a business setting and encourage you to bring your whole self to the workplace. At PwC, we nurture an environment where our people can be the best they can be. Our Black Talent in Business programme will be a 3-day paid programme which will be run virtually in Summer 2021.
You can join any of these areas:
- Audit - You’ll be providing market leading audit services to an unprecedented range of clients including one of the largest shares of FTSE 100 companies of any UK audit firm. Our audit helps organisations navigate regulatory complexity while strengthening trust and transparency in their business.
- Consulting - Our Consulting practice is focused on results, supporting our clients with fast track, profitable growth. We use our understanding of how business works and a knowledge of how the right technology in the right place can create competitive advantage. Our clients might want us to help them enter new markets; address the challenges created by organisational change; or draw up a sustainability strategy that aligns their commercial objectives with broader environmental and social concerns.
- Deals - Deals provide an opportunity – for faster growth, development of stronger capabilities, accelerated operational transformation, value realisation and protection. Here you’ll put together major mergers and acquisitions and resolve business crises. You’ll work on anything from international take-over bids to economic crime investigations and cases of insolvency.
- Operate - Operate supports the delivery of a range of client programmes across a variety of regulated market sectors. We deliver our client work from a range of locations, providing our clients with cost-effective delivery, access to subject matter expertise and operational excellence disciplines.
- Risk Assurance - The world of risk is changing. Today's business environment is different. More complex. More connected. More volatile. While this environment makes it much harder to predict where new risks will come from, we work with our clients to protect and strengthen every aspect of their business; from people to performance, systems to strategy and business plans to business resilience.
- Tax - We help our clients stay ahead of the changes that impact their business. Equipped with the scale of a seamlessly connected global network, we’re where they need us - delivering deep tax technical expertise, while providing the critical context to help make informed and compliant decisions that drive their operations forward.
- Technology - We use technical and business knowledge to solve our clients’ problems. And because we offer so many different technology services we need people with different experiences to help us deliver them effectively. Digital is the new normal, transforming how we work and live. At PwC, as we focus on future innovations, we’re investing in the best and most diverse talent of today and tomorrow.
What you’ll gain
Through our Black Talent in Business programme you’ll complete a 3-day virtual programme, which could lead to an offer of an internship or 11 month placement with the aim of securing a graduate role with us on completing your degree.
What you'll need
You'll need to have or be on course for a 2.1 degree or above in any subject. We determine whether you're on course for a 2.1 based on the grades you achieved in your last completed year of academic study.
- You'll need to be a first year undergraduate university student on a three-year degree course; or
- You'll need to be a first year undergraduate university student on a four-year degree expecting to do a work placement in your third year; or
- You'll need to be a second year undergraduate university student on a four-year degree course.
When to apply
- The deadline for applications is 19th March 2021
- The deadline for online assessments is 26th March 2021
- Assessment centres will take place in May 2021
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!