Exciting minds with our Graduate Programme – Quality Science
Education required: A degree in Bio-Chemistry, Microbiology, Biomedical Sciences, Biology, Chemistry (preferably with Biology modules) or a related field of study. Graduation by Spring/Summer 2021.
Start date: September 2021 or before
- Willing to move between sites and relocate domestically.
*You can apply to only one Future Leaders Programme in the UK
Application deadline: We accept ongoing applications and will close this vacancy once we have enough applications, so it’s best to apply as soon as possible.
Want to solve some of the world’s biggest health challenges?
With over 300 years of innovation, we’re a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
We’re looking for Future Leaders in Pharmaceutical Quality.
Are you a hardworking, driven and adaptable science graduate? Help oversee, maintain and assure excellence across all our products as part of our Pharmaceutical Quality team.
Develop your potential on our Quality Science graduate programme
Over three years, we’ll challenge and support you to grow professionally and personally. You’ll have the chance to develop through three stretching rotations that will give you broad experience and an excellent career foundation. You’ll have a generous personal training budget to support your development. And on top of this, you’ll be part of a huge and diverse global network that supplies billions of packs of medicines and healthcare products every year
What will you do?
- In your first rotation, you’ll spend time in a quality testing laboratory at one of our Biopharm sites - developing a solid foundation in the skills of the trade. You may learn about raw material, finished product, sterility and environmental testing.
- You’ll also learn about quality control at our sites - learning how the different elements of the pharmaceutical manufacturing process interact and how to make smart decisions to ensure the quality of our products.
- You’ll build your knowledge of our medicines and dosage forms as well as your industry regulatory knowledge.
- During other rotations you may work with our external supply team or with our local operating companies. You may be part of a cross-functional team to introduce new products or testing methods.
- You might also have the opportunity to work in quality systems or quality analytics.
- Whatever you do, you’ll be developing a strong career foundation and growing your understanding of the vital role of Quality in GSK.
- A relevant degree and be keen to learn.
- To be analytical and process-driven with excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work with and build relationships with key stakeholders
- To be a self-motivated and proactive graduate
- To be enthusiastic and driven to succeed
- To be a natural team worker
- The ability to adapt to change and stay focused under pressure
- Excellent communication skills and a gift for solving problems
- A genuine interest in the healthcare industry
- A salary of £30,000
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Relocation Allowance (eligibility will be confirmed once your first location is confirmed)
- Access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs, which reward exceptional achievements
- Long-term incentives through shared ownership link your rewards to our longer-term performance
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programs
We’ll close this vacancy once we have enough applications, so it’s best to apply as soon as possible. You’ll be asked for your personal information and why you want to work for us.
We’re 100% open to all talent
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers. And also because it’s the right thing to do.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!