Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.
As a Quantitative Research Intern you will have an opportunity to solve challenging problems arising in a trading environment while utilising the latest statistical scientific algorithms, machine learning techniques and derivatives pricing theory. The teams focus on non-latency sensitive investment opportunities and multi-asset class derivatives strategies across geographies. Our teams emphasize cutting-edge innovative scientific research and collaboration, allowing you to gain a deeper understanding of quantitative trading. You will find great minds with diverse backgrounds, who are passionate about cultivating new ideas and exploring ways to bring them to life. You will use the team’s custom research infrastructure for simulation, back-testing, and validation of the proposed models. While your days will have you engrossed with complex technology projects, your evenings will be spent exploring the city with organized social events to truly discover what it’s like to live and work in London.
How you will make an impact…
- Create practical solutions to problems presented in the trading environment on either a systematic equity trading desk or a fixed income options desk
- Conduct statistical analysis of market data, historical trends, and relationships across multiple asset classes
- Formulate and apply mathematical modeling, quantitative methods and machine learning techniques to identify and capture trading opportunities
- Work closely with traders and researchers to build and refine research infrastructure and tools
What to expect during the internship
- Meaningful projects: Each project, advised by a trader, promotes a comprehensive learning experience and provides you with real-world work experience.
- Community: Throughout the summer, we host a variety of educational, social and team-building activities to explore the city, foster friendships and camaraderie.
- Housing: DRW provides fully furnished apartments located close to the office – making your morning commute as easy as possible.
- Mentorship: You’ll build a professional relationship with an experienced mentor in your field. Mentors and mentees meet to discuss goals, challenges and professional development and explore the city together at our mentor outings.
- Education: As the trading industry continually evolves, both in terms of new products and transaction methods, the future will present us with unique opportunities and challenges. You’ll complete an options course taught by an experienced trader and participate in a technology immersion course to better understand how technology and trading intersect.