About the programme
Ensure that each aspect of our extraordinary projects is possible: that’s what you’ll do on this programme.
As a Graduate Quantity Surveyor, you’ll be involved in all stages of our work. Through a combination of on-the-job experience and continual development, we offer a unique learning ground for graduates to help us bring our projects to life.
Quantity Surveying/Construction Management at Babcock
Delivering projects of the scale we work on, against strict requirements, is an exact science. You’ll experience this first-hand.
You’ll help to develop plans for key valuation activities, preparing costing and valuation proposals, reviewing technical specifications, and responding to tenders and quotations. All the time making sure that we comply with industry regulations and statutory health, safety and environmental requirements.
What you'll need
- A 2.2 degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction Management. A RICS-accredited degree is desirable
- You’ll need to be highly motivated, with good communication and time management skills
- Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance. . For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you'll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Graduate Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partner Gen Healthy Minds, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.