Quantity Surveying Management Graduate Trainee Programme - Construction London Residential (London)
Apply by: 28.11.2021
The Wates Group was established in 1897 and is one of the leading privately owned construction, development and property services companies in the UK. We employ almost 4.000 people, working with a range of clients and partners from across the public and private sectors At Wates we are proud to be a family-owned business, small enough to recognise and support great talent, yet big enough to challenge and inspire our people through amazing multi-million-pound projects. To us our industry is more than just building, it’s also a chance for us to positively impact the communities where we work and thrive.
The London Residential business unit was set up nearly six years ago to predominantly get involved with large scale regeneration projects. Since its inception the unit has delivered a strong portfolio of major projects usually complex in nature and usually with a significant number of units and storey heights. Mostly delivering in zones 2 and 3 we now have a mixed tenure split of private, which includes a significant number of social and affordable units as well as a number of buildings within the Wembley campus that are for the private rental market. We strive on repeat business across these sectors and in all instances our performances have enabled us to move forward onto multiple phases. Quality and a positive legacy within the communities in which we work are both sacrosanct in our values. Our reputation is also enabling us to look at different sectors that include high quality care homes and large-scale student accommodation schemes. We base ourselves on being modern and forward thinking with innovation at the forefront of everything we do.
The base location for this role is London, you will be required to travel to and/or work at locations within the Construction London Residential region should the business require.
Do you enjoy working with numbers? Do you want to manage the finances of multi-million-pound projects? Then our Quantity Surveying Management Programme may be the pathway for you.
The Commercial Quantity Surveying teams within Wates are largely responsible for the contractual and financial management of a project. A combination of law, business and finance skills are used to manage relationships with key stakeholders including clients, designers, subcontractors and suppliers. Our commercial teams play a vital role in the construction of our projects.
As a Wates Commercial Quantity Surveying trainee, you will be involved in assisting with:
- Procurement and payment of sub-contractors
- Preparing tender and contract documents
- Producing commercial reports
- Ensuring that our projects are financially viable
- Safeguarding our commercial position
Our Management Trainee Programme
If you’re looking for a programme full of innovation and variety then you’re in the right place. Here are some of the core benefits our Management Trainee Programme
- We support you throughout the program to Chartership
- Competitive industry salary and benefits package
- You will undertake a number of placements within our business unit to ensure you get a full breadth experience
- You’ll receive structured development and a combination of technical and behavioural training
- You’ll receive professional mentorship and guidance as well as great exposure to our senior leaders
If your degree is in a non-construction related subject, you will also complete a higher apprenticeship in Construction Management as part of your trainee scheme. This is in addition to the structured on-the-job learning and technical and behavioural training.
What we're looking for
- Genuine interest in our Construction business
- Ability to communicate with a range of people, including customers, clients and key stakeholders
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Eager to learn with a keen eye for detail
- Candidates will be required to have a full driving license by September 2022, this will be a condition of offer
You will have obtained or be working towards a 2:1 degree in any subject.
This role also requires a Grade 4/C in Maths and English GCSE.
This role will close on Sunday 28th November at 11:59pm. Please ensure you allow enough time to complete your application before the deadline as applications made past this date will not be considered.
Assessment centres will take place in at the start of 2022.