West Midlands + 4
Shaping a faster, better world
Are you ready to be part of a well-respected team with a solid reputation in the design, engineering, and project management industry? Join our Graduate Development Programme, where you'll be trusted with complex work, receiving all levels of support from line managers to senior leaders.
While you grow in areas that excite you, we also encourage you to maintain a positive work-life balance. So, during our recruitment process, tell us what matters to you. Speak to us about how we support wellbeing in and out of the office – including different ways to be flexible around work. Let's also talk about some of our recent pledges for women's equality and how we're Disability Confident and an inclusive employer.
With Atkins, you'll be in great company.
Join us as a Graduate in our Rail Consulting practice and you’ll have the opportunity to shape rail travel both now and, in the future, working across projects such as East West Rail and HS2. We support massive industry change, from whole network upgrades, to decarbonization and digital innovation. You will develop an understanding of projects from multiple stakeholder points of view; we find the best solutions to the complex challenges. You'll manage projects from start to finish, designing, developing, and implementing complex solutions that will influence our transport future.
Our skills span infrastructure, rail control systems, assurance, engineering, project management and systems engineering, and we support clients worldwide.
Where you could work
Within our Rail Consulting practice, we transform people's journeys and the movement of goods, whilst increasing the efficiency, sustainability and safety of our transport systems and cities worldwide. So, it calls for diverse expertise.
Across all of our teams, you’ll be:
- Bidding, winning, and delivering work for a variety of UK and international clients.
- Working on a high range client outputs including design, technical investigation, consultancy advice, calculations, presentations and project and risk management.
- Given real responsibility from day one, supported by the industry’s best team of rail industry specialists.
Find out more about our Rail Consulting teams and locations.
We’re not all the same, and that’s our greatest strength. Different views and opinions enhance our ability to provide value-added performance and better services for our clients. That’s why we believe different, makes a difference. Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experience you bring.
Our graduate programme has been designed to give you an insight into the huge variety and the chance to explore where your own skills and interests lie. Through a combination of on-the-job learning and practical skills development within your chosen role, you’ll work on real projects from day one that offer scale and variety collaborating with others and creating meaningful impact on the world around us. You’ll work towards your professional accreditation; whichever path you take, your future starts here.
Find out more about why we believe ‘Different, makes a difference’
What you'll need?
- A passion for working in a consultancy environment
- Embracing equality, diversity and inclusion in everything you do
- A desire to work collaboratively with a curious approach, challenging yourself to find new solutions
- Enthusiasm and drive to develop your skillset and seek out development opportunities within a supportive team
- Motivation to achieve professional accreditation (where applicable)
- Comfortable to embrace agile ways of working and learning new technologies
Meeting your needs
We aim to promote a workplace which allows our people to perform at their best. So, as well as ensuring you’re rewarded for your efforts, we also have a variety of initiatives in place to create a healthy workplace and support your well-being:
- A settling in payment of £2,500 when you join and a further payment of £2,500 when you achieve chartered status or reach an equivalent stage in your professional development
- 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays. You also have the option to buy an additional 15 days or sell up to 5 days
- Flexible working arrangements
- 2 paid volunteer days per year, to be used with a charity or initiative of your choice
- An assigned graduate buddy upon joining & a collaborative graduate network across all locations
- Support to achieve Chartered status or equivalent with a relevant institution
- A robust career development plan, including a library of core learning modules and on the job technical training
- Annual Graduate Events
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health or life matters
- Access to all employee networks for social interaction, peer support and personal development, as well as contributing to the development of policies and working practices
- Opportunities to further develop yourself by applying to our Women’s Professional Development Programme and ethnic minority Empowering Programme
How do I apply?
Please click "Apply Now" below to register your details and start your application journey. To find out more and for advice on how to play to your strengths, visit us on Connectr.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are able to support you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us.
Remember, our programmes are incredibly popular, and some roles may close early. So, avoid disappointment by getting your application in as soon as possible.
Birmingham, Derby, Glasgow, London, Manchester
West Midlands, Glasgow, East Midlands, Greater London, North West