Our Insight Week is a great way to broaden your horizons and get a feel for what a career in Finance is all about.
The programme runs over four days, starting in April and September 2020.
You’ll gain valuable experience and see how financial services are evolving first hand by shadowing talented female colleagues working in Finance.
About the business area
We tie together all financial activity across RBS, helping the bank make, spend, and invest money wisely.
Our core activities include:
- Managing the bank's balance sheet and making sure we have the capital we need to operate every day
- Reporting on the bank's performance, providing an accurate picture of our financial position
- Achieving our business goals in a sustainable, profitable way, while developing the right long-term financial strategy
- Understanding our customers' needs and helping them to make the right decisions
- Helping our customer franchises to serve their customers well while remaining cost efficient
- Providing a consistent service as one, functionalised Finance team
The work we do is integral to meeting our ambitions of doing the right thing and protecting our customers.
Our customers expect us to manage their money correctly, and we provide the right information so our colleagues can make clear decisions about customers, costs and capital.
About the programme
We created this programme to celebrate and promote female talent in our business.
Over four days, you can look forward to:
- Learning about what we do and seeing some of the live projects happening at the moment
- Shadowing women working in Finance, and hear about their career journeys
- Finding out about our graduate and internship career paths
- Getting to grips with the work we do and how we manage and influence our financial activities
It all kicks off with an induction day, and you’ll meet our current graduates and female colleagues as well as learn about our vision and values. There’ll be time for you to network, as well as hear some top tips on how to prepare for the assessment day later in the week.
You’ll then spend two days shadowing female colleagues in your field to get an idea of day-to-day life and the work that’s going on, and to ask questions and learn as much as you can.
The week rounds off with an assessment day which includes a group discussion, interview and case study. This’ll give you the opportunity to show us what you’ve learned, and reflect on your experiences. If you pass the assessment you could be offered a place on our Summer Internship programme in 2021
The Insight Week is unpaid, but we cover accommodation and travel costs if you live more than 30 miles away from the office where the programme’s based.
The programme’s open to all undergraduates who’ll finish their studies in 2022
We’ll be looking out for people with:
- Good analytical skills
- Long term, strategic thinking
- An inquisitive and creative mind set
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build great working relationships
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!