If you are a person who loves and thrives through new challenges, passionate about making a positive impact that will improve quality of life, then apply to our Talent Pool!
We are looking for an R&D Software Web Developer to join our new Digital Acceleration software team in Craven Arms, Shropshire. An exciting opportunity to create the next generation technology solutions in the lab environment. With the aim to investigate, identify and develop new products, processes, and technology that will enable a smoother laboratory workflow for our customers to gain trusted answers and insights efficiently.
In order to succeed you will be expected to learn and apply a variety of software development knowledge including system design, project management, and hands-on development.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working with the R&D team to determine appropriate technology capabilities, tools, and infrastructure in support of the overall program.
- Translation of market requirements into software architecture and module designs for your area of focus.
- Module development through formal development methodology.
About Craven Arms
Craven Arms is located in the heart of the South Shropshire Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, within easy reach of Shrewsbury, Telford, Wolverhampton, and Hereford. The area offers a high quality of life with excellent outdoor recreation opportunities. House prices are below the national average while local schools outperform the UK average -- with many State schools achieving excellent results.
The successful candidate can expect a fun place to work, exposure to new technologies, and good career progression prospects. In addition, the thing we value is work-life balance, encouraging people to leave work when they should.
- a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Demonstrated ability in software design and development.
- Knowledge in front-end development experience, preferably with Angular.
- Experience with microservices architecture and integration into the frontend, including micro-frontends.
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud deployments of web applications and microservices
- Development experience with teams using Agile\Scrum life cycle processes.
- Knowledge of continuous integration/continuous deployment preferred.
- Exciting projects in a dynamic collaborative team
- Career development opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Work-Life-Balance programs
- Permanent contract in a fast-growing global company
- Company pension scheme
- Private health care
If you have questions about this position and the application process please contact the recruiter, Sandra Anyanwu.
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available on our website.
We are committed to making Agilent the best place to work for everyone by providing a truly inclusive work experience. Together, through collaboration, as One Agilent, we are better able to deliver trusted answers to our customer's critical questions because we know there is work to be done
Craven arms, Shropshire.