Real Estate Finance Business Partner (12 Months FTC)
Apply by: 31.12.2021
Who are McDonald’s?
McDonald's is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day; in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 136,000 employees.
McDonald’s UK & Ireland has a consistent record of investing in the development of its employees and offering flexibility as part of its commitment to being a modern and progressive company. Every year it invests over £40 million in developing people, giving every one of its employees the opportunity to take part in structured training.
We're a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Company Vision and Culture…
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and in the UK and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Ireland’s best-loved restaurant company.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better together
We are looking to add to our dynamic team and this is an excellent opportunity to work at one of the most valuable and iconic brands in the world. Are you newly, or part, qualified, and want to make a move into a highly commercial, forward looking, role.
The key objective of the Real Estate Finance Business Partner is to work alongside the Property department to influence our new restaurant growth strategy and to improve the long term profitability of our existing estate. You will have an influential role in crafting one of the biggest strategic growth drivers of the UK business over the next few years. As a result you will be accountable for wholistic analysis of multi-million pound judgements, and have regular exposure to senior executives.
Despite the focus on Real Estate, the role touches many different aspects of the business, requiring you to work cross functionally with Franchising and Operations, amongst others. You will have to work closely with both Finance and non-Finance senior management to make recommendations that improve financial performance and ensure the long-term financial success of both McDonald’s and our Franchisees.
We are looking for someone who wants to develop and progress their career at McDonald’s and has the ambition and ability to move into leadership roles within our Finance team, as well as in the wider UK & Ireland and Global business.
What will my accountabilities be?
- Business partner with Property, primarily by supporting relationships with the Head of Acquisitions and the Head of Construction
- Build internal and external partnerships to ensure we’re capturing all of the information which will influence our recommendations for financial decisions – from sales and revenue drivers, to costs and investments
- Bring together these inputs to model the commercials to value new restaurants for complex Franchisee deals.
- For more straightforward scenarios, review the work of a direct report and ensure their output, and how they present it, is consistently top quality
- Present complex, wide ranging, proposed decisions, to Executive team members, for example the possibility of multiple openings and closures, in a market feed directly into the new restaurant opening strategy, for example delivery kitchen analysis, or analysing the potential for a carbon neutral drive-thru
- Work with the wider Finance team to support the annual financial planning process
- Take ownership for the professional development of a high performing direct report
What Team will I be a part?
The Finance Team at McDonald’s are highly regarded across the business and have a great reputation for influencing, challenging and leading those at all levels, across all departments. The Finance team has a history of developing people, creating a breadth of experience by moving individuals through different roles within the Finance team as they progress their career at McDonald’s and ensuring high levels of exposure across the business
Who are my customers?
- Finance Director, Strategic Finance Manager, Finance Manager – Financial Reporting and Control, Senior Real Estate Finance Business Partner, Senior Operations Finance Business Partners
- Internal department Heads & Directors (Operations VPs, Franchisee Directors, Franchisee
- Consultants, Construction, Shared Services, Property, Franchising, HR, Communications)
- Our Franchisees
- Your direct report
What background do I need to have?
- Ability to work in a team, lead your peers, empower your juniors and challenge your seniors
- Self-motivated with good time management to deal with conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail – ability to breakdown problems whilst identifying trends and drawing conclusions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - ability to communicate sophisticated issues, adapting your style for different audiences
- Building relationships – ability to work cross-functionally, building strong relationships, while challenging the status quo
- Competent people manager, with the ability to accelerate the development of those reporting into them
- Self-motivated, able to drive projects forward and improve processes
- Good presentation skills – able to influence through your presentations
- CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified, or part qualified
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and
are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants
and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers.
We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers give us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful
within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere.”